Chevy SS Forum banner

Slipstream Blue Metallic Chevrolet SS Picture Thread

120K views 286 replies 122 participants last post by  Boingo 
#1 · (Edited)
What - no Slipstream Blue thread?! I went to the dealer and wrote the deal for mine today (so I could get February incentives). I am at 4800, so it's off the train and should be here soon! Pics to be posted here as soon as I get it :cool:

#2 ·
What incentives did you get?

#3 · (Edited)
I am eligible for GM Supplier ($1083 off invoice), but it doesn't stack with my GM Card Special Offer ($2000) which is better, so I went the GM Card route instead. Beyond the GM Card I got a Private Offer from Chevy.com ($1000) and Auto Show cash ($500) - so $3500 in total incentives. I have purchased a lot of cars from my dealer and paid 1% over invoice (around $500) for the car before the incentives.

#5 ·
I definitely lucked out. My guess is it's just a matter of having enough cars to fill a rail car to a given area.

#11 ·
There was a thread a few months back - they are a couple of pounds heavier IIRC. I prefer the "heavier look" of the 2016 wheels. The SS is a chunky car so I like the chunky wheels :D

Thanks for all of the compliments! I'll take some better photos with a real camera (those were my phone) over the weekend.

Reactions: KenzSS
#16 ·
amazing car and amazing color, im 7 year g8 owner waiting to make the transition to the ss. i love my white but after seeing your blue with the stick i may be changing my mind. beautiful car my man.

Reactions: gtb75
#19 ·
Yes, welcome to the forum WhiteHotG8!

#23 ·
my gt is paid off and it could be a spare but i have to many danm cars already, my drive way looks like a car lot. it will prolly be a year or so before i consider anything. i have 125,000 on the g and she runs like a dream. i still get people asking if they can go look around it when i stop. pretty cool

Reactions: gtb75
#27 ·
Gosh, that color is gorgeous... We passed a Chevrolet Dealership in Culpeper that had one, no sunroof and not sure as to the combination (we were passing through). I wouldn't have been disappointed had this been the first blue color option lol.

We have 6 cars in our driveway (two in the garage, but still) sooo.... don't feel bad. The only time we hate having that number is when good ol' Va's property taxes come around *ouch*. 'Course the only two vehicles we owe money on are the G8 and SS, figures.

#29 ·
mine came into the dealership Friday 6-3-16 ( had the dealer do the install for free of my skip shift eliminator while they were doing the check over ) picked up mine on Monday 6-6-16... than my 1st car cruise with the club Wednesday 6-8-16 my 1st Cruise in / car show tonight 6-10-16... will get some more pictures there...

here is a pic when I picked it up... since I did the dealership emblem delete option, I told them I'd post a few pictures here

#34 ·
Not exactly spotting one in the wild, but I happened to be in Lisle, IL this past weekend and saw this 2016 at the dealer. I had not seen a 2016 in person, so I stopped to look. Wheels look better in person than in pictures. The red Brembos are cool. I would miss the fog lights and CD player, but I would love to have the exhaust. Interesting color compared to my 2015 blue. I think the 2015 sticks out a bit more, but this color is also very nice. Spent a lot of time on the road from Detroit to Chicago and back and still have yet to see another SS on the road. This is the first one I have noticed driving past a dealer.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.