Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has any experience with shipping parts from Australia, specifically the Blits hood. My main concern is when it gets here in the US at the port, do they hold it there and Charge me a different tax? Does someone contact me when it gets here, or does the shipping company pick it up and get it to my door? Safe to assume the shipping company is the same from Australia to my front door, as in ups/fedex or some other international shipper? I keep reading about a duty tax and what not, but then my info gets convoluted since we are in a free trade agreement with Australia, it’s all just confusing to me and I don’t want to order a hood and it cost an extra 1k to get it through customs. Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
Done this a bunch of times over the last several years and never had any tax or customs issues. There is a form that is filled out by the seller and if it gets flagged at customs you may get a phone call from the delivery company to verify the contents and address on your end. You also likely will have to sign for it when you receive it. I got a call once but that was all in terms of issues. No extra fees at all. I think the key is that you deal with a reputable company on the other end and make sure they have experience shipping to the states. I have dealt with JHP, Original Parts Group, Yella Terna, and Rocket Industries, and Ozi Auto Parts.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
highly suggest you use a DUTY calculator .. the rules can change quickly ...

what's no fee yesterday can be shocking tomorrow ...

special if item is pricey ...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I’ve thought about contacting ups/fedex and using a broker of sorts but I know that will cost more, not trying to be cheap just trying not to get stuck with an astronomical bill

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks for the info, I’ve thought about contacting ups/fedex and using a broker of sorts but I know that will cost more, not trying to be cheap just trying not to get stuck with an astronomical bill

Not a bad idea at all especially for something so large. Maybe contact DHL also. I have done mostly small/medium size items but I did get 5 wheels and still no tax issue but that was coming up on three years ago. They were shipped either DHL or Australia post and delivered by the usps.

·
Registered
510 Posts
For that part you may need to fill out this form & check option 2A. The shipping company will call/email you to do this form when it is in customs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shipping from Australia to the US is extremely expensive as I know. There are rumors that shipping almost anything from AUS is expensive these days, lol. Can't say that about the shipping to the country tho because recently I've purchased some automatic parts for my car from Japan. I thought it's gonna cost me a lot but not really that much. I was also afraid that I'd had problems with delivery but everything was ok. I usually use the china post tracking number to track my orders, and the system usually works fine too. That's quite surprising because postal services are usually very slow.

·
Super Moderator
7,871 Posts
Shipping from Australia to the US is extremely expensive as I know. There are rumors that shipping almost anything from AUS is expensive these days, lol.
Welcome to the forum @Bowmann

Reactions: ESindon
1 - 8 of 8 Posts