Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the Shift into Park message show up. Even though it's already in Park. So, then The car won't lock or the electronics won't shut off either. any advice on a fix would be appreciated. otherwise, it's off to the dealership. thanks.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,775 Posts
The switch attached to the shifter.

This is common on other GM cars, Camaros and such, even my SRX, never seen it on an SS. Usually requires the replacement of the shifter, but, if the switch can be obtained or cleaned internally, that would take care of it.

·
Super Moderator
7,780 Posts
This is for a 2016+ Malibu, but the microswitch looks to be the same in many GM vehicles. It would appear that bending the microswitch tab for a more positive engagement of the switch may work, although GM recommends shifter replacement.

·
Registered
2015 Chevy SS, Auto, Sunroof and Spare
13 Posts
I am having the Shift into Park message show up. Even though it's already in Park. So, then The car won't lock or the electronics won't shut off either. any advice on a fix would be appreciated. otherwise, it's off to the dealership. thanks.
Wow thats crappy. Curious have you spilt anything in the center console recently? I would say the microswitch is your problem but you be surprised what can happen when liquid gets where it doesn't belong. My gf spilled her coffee one morning in her charger and it ended up requiring the replacement of her shifter and some.module.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow thats crappy. Curious have you spilt anything in the center console recently? I would say the microswitch is your problem but you be surprised what can happen when liquid gets where it doesn't belong. My gf spilled her coffee one morning in her charger and it ended up requiring the replacement of her shifter and some.module.
Nothing was spilled. i try to limit my drinking of beverages. but, thanks for your comment. I'm going to look into the microswitch though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is for a 2016+ Malibu, but the microswitch looks to be the same in many GM vehicles. It would appear that bending the microswitch tab for a more positive engagement of the switch may work, although GM recommends shifter replacement.

Thank you for the video. It helped a ton. For the 2014 Chevy SS. The micro switch is on the driver's side of the shifter. But I followed the guy's suggestions and it's working just fine now. Thanks again for the help.

·
Super Moderator
7,780 Posts
Thank you for the video. It helped a ton. For the 2014 Chevy SS. The micro switch is on the driver's side of the shifter. But I followed the guy's suggestions and it's working just fine now. Thanks again for the help.
Good to hear! (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts