Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Got the "Service Airbag" message which was on constantly after every start up, started a few days ago. 2017 with 15,600 miles.

Apparently my issue was on the passenger side as well, fixed today by greasing the connectors and reconnecting, hopefully will remain fixed.
~6 months and ~3k miles later the same "Service Airbag" message came back tonight, back to the dealer it goes. Guess I will finally have them install my new backup camera I haven't had time to get done at same time, since now there has to be time.

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
~6 months and ~3k miles later the same "Service Airbag" message came back tonight, back to the dealer it goes. Guess I will finally have them install my new backup camera I haven't had time to get done at same time, since now there has to be time.
... I hope they still have the camera sitting on the shelf waiting for you to show up ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 15 SS is out of warranty and I am having the same exact issues. (This should be a recall...) Before I go buying the 439.00 sensor and having it installed, can you please let us know if having it replaced repairs the issue? I will be trying to grease the connections with dielectric grease in the meantime even though it didn't work for some. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The verdict is in. The passenger seat position sensor was malfunctioning and was replaced. I'm glad it's fixed but a bit irritated with service experience altogether from the 1.5 hr long SS drop off/rental pickup to the 0.5hr long rental car drop off/SS return. Does it seem strange that this repair required 9 miles of road testing? Ugh... maybe I'm just paranoid, but I have visions of the parking lot attendants from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Enough of that for now though. Car is fixed.
I know your last post on this was 2 years ago but have you had any issues after you had the PSP Sensor replaced? I would like to know before I go to purchase the 439.00 sensor and have it installed. I'm also dreading going to the dealer.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts