Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 black with spare and sunroof
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone here is going. I know there is a lot of LS based love at the show, wondering if there are vendors we should be asking for support.

I also see that Ford's huge Central Hall display is occupied by Toyota and Lexus this year....hmm. I've gone for the last handful of years and that has traditionally been a dedicated spot. I don't see Chevy in the middle of things either...oddly it is Dodge this year.

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you've never gone, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's the greatest automotive event I've ever gone to and I've been to Woodward, BJ, Mecum and a host of others. Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
2014 black with spare and sunroof
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you've never gone, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's the greatest automotive event I've ever gone to and I've been to Woodward, BJ, Mecum and a host of others. Enjoy!!!!
Agreed, SEMA is it's own animal. FWIW, now Friday of the show is open to the public and it finishes with Sema Ignited. So if someone wanted to make a long weekend and catch redeye flights you could theoretically make the show. This will be my 5th year going and I'm taking the Mrs. She is pretty handy with an LS motor around Watkins Glen, so she will appreciate it all too.

I had heard the big auto companies were scaling back...last year was just....weird. It was inside the new convention center extension and there wasn't enough of anything (participants, displays, vendors, cars, etc) to fill it (well, ok, 50 buck T-shirts and 15 buck beers excluded lol). I'm wondering if the auto manufacturers are trying to distance themselves from aftermarket and mods? Or is it just GM being cheap and not wanting to pay for a booth...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wondering if anyone here is going.
Hell, I wish I was going again this year!! I was fortunate enough to be able to go in 2018 & got to shake hands with Chip Foose & Mike Finnegan. Had a conversation with Johnny Hunkins. Got a blemished Roadkill T-shirt thrown at me (and it even fits me - BONUS!!) (Come to think of it, I got this Optima batteries ball cap thrown at me as well...) Got so many stickers, pamphlets & brochures that I'd wished that I'd brought a small cart - & saw so much amazing automotive artistry that I almost got numbed to it...

Quick note for anyone who hasn't been to SEMA - you should know that you are going to walk. And walk. And walk a LOT more!! I only went for two days, but by the end of the 2nd day I was just about done (of course if you're still in your 20s or 30s, you almost certainly have more "gas in your tank".) I'm not saying that you'll need a hip or knee replacement after visiting the SEMA show - but I'm not saying you won't either!! 😆

One cool thing about SEMA that I haven't seen mentioned very often - show discounts. I checked out the Billet Specialties booth, & got a 10% discount on a part for my LS-swap project. These discounts aren't likely to offset the cost of your trip to Vegas, but they're not nothing either.

There's SO much more that I could say, but I'll just close with this - if you consider yourself to be a real gearhead - someone who really loves automotive performance - then you absolutely need to visit the SEMA show before you die. Period.

Reactions: wilkin4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts