Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my Solo bolt in cat but, I would really like to see you offer a secondary cat pipe. Probably a straight through pipe sans cat. then I could select a cat back if I chose to do so

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,515 Posts
I don't think thos are cats, if the is no o2 sensor after it then it's not a cat. But what do I know, only that the 16-17's don't have them nor the resonators.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think thos are cats, if the is no o2 sensor after it then it's not a cat. But what do I know, only that the 16-17's don't have them nor the resonators.

Mine is a 16 and I don't have the center resonator but I do have what some refer to as a secondary cat/ resonator. I do know that GM has had 4 cats for many products though. And, you are right there are no O2 sensors on them. GM parts direct diagram shows the 4 items but calls the front ones as catalytic converters and the rears as just converters. So I am going to cut them out regardless. I was really just looking for a stainless pipe replacement

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I just had these cut out and replaced with pipe. They are indeed cats. Secondary cats never have O2 sensors

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,515 Posts
Good to know, thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
On the 14's the flange is between the 1st and second cat. When putting a fresh cat back on, it eliminates the secondary cat.

Reactions: snoot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts