Chevy SS Forum banner
421 - 440 of 450 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Tonight around 5:25pm I was rolling up 405 just north of Bellevue in my yellow Miata, when an EXCELLENT looking NFG with Holden badges flew by me in the toll lanes. Looked awesome! Which one of you was it?
I'm in the toll lanes often but I'm OBM so you can't miss me. It's still a thrill when I see another one in the wild

·
Premium Member
126 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Spotted: Exchanged awesome with a fellow White SS cept they had Holden badges in downtown Edmonds yesterday enjoying the nice weather. Cheers brother!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
Anyone in the area here selling a gently used Roto Fab intake with dry filter? Thanks

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
492 Posts
Anyone in the area here selling a gently used Roto Fab intake with dry filter? Thanks
what year car? I have a Rotofab for a 14, just deleted the Kazoo tube on my 17

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
492 Posts
I have one you can take a look at if you want. make ya a good deal

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
492 Posts
We have terminal thread drift here folks!!

Perhaps,,, a "Conversation" is in order,,,, hint,,, HINT!!!

ES
that had occurred to me after I hit Post...eek, sorry!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well folks, as you may or may not have noticed in the For Sale section, I just sold my SS. It was great to participate in a few meets over the years, since my SS adventure began back on page 4 of this thread. If you're ever on the Eastside and see some wacko in an orange Miata or yellow Miata waving at your SS, that's probably me. Cheers, take care and keep it shiny side up!

Reactions: good2go

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Well folks, as you may or may not have noticed in the For Sale section, I just sold my SS. It was great to participate in a few meets over the years, since my SS adventure began back on page 4 of this thread. If you're ever on the Eastside and see some wacko in an orange Miata or yellow Miata waving at your SS, that's probably me. Cheers, take care and keep it shiny side up!
Pat, it was good to have you here. I’m just today shopping to replace the tires i picked up from you at the XX Rootbeer in Issaquah. I’m at 36k now. My tires seem to last about 12k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks D'Arcy! Keep on enjoying that orange beast!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Pat, $53k? I know yours was spotless but wow, just wow on that result. Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
@a6d9cmro I think I met you a few weeks ago on Mercer Island. If so, you recommended a dealership to me. Was it Good Chevrolet in Renton? It’s time for an oil change, and maybe brakes too. Not really thrilled with Evergreen and I know you were happy with whomever you recommended to me, as you mentioned that the dealer himself had an SS or something like that?

Thanks,
D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #435 ·
See you around Pat. It also seems many other Seattle area owners have sold theirs over the years; smaller group up here.

Reactions: pnewton79

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Also, anyone got suggestions for tires? The ones I bought from Pat are now on their last miles, so it's time to get something new. Over on Reddit, I've been recommended Pilot Sport 4S over the OEM tires? Any suggestions? I'm a March to November driver. It sits in warmish garage at Microsoft over the winter.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #437 ·
Also, anyone got suggestions for tires? The ones I bought from Pat are now on their last miles, so it's time to get something new. Over on Reddit, I've been recommended Pilot Sport 4S over the OEM tires? Any suggestions? I'm a March to November driver. It sits in warmish garage at Microsoft over the winter.
I have now on my SS; and had on my AMG; the Pilot Sport A/S3+'s (all -seasons) which I'd recommend any day as they are quiet and handle great. The OEM are terrible in my opinion. Definitely the PS4S if you don't plan on driving it much in rain/wet roads and below 45 degrees being a summer only tire; can't go wrong with those. Also the new all-seasons are coming out soon which are said to be another awesome tire.

If you want help changing your oil you're welcomed to drop by my house in Kent and we can knock it out.

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
492 Posts
Hey! Yep, we did meet. Also saw you at the 8th grade promotion... Yes, I take my car to Brotherton Cadillac in Renton. Marvin, who is a fellow SS owner and Service Manager there, takes great care of my car when I bring it in. I would call and speak to him specifically...

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I have now on my SS; and had on my AMG; the Pilot Sport A/S3+'s (all -seasons) which I'd recommend any day as they are quiet and handle great. The OEM are terrible in my opinion. Definitely the PS4S if you don't plan on driving it much in rain/wet roads and below 45 degrees being a summer only tire; can't go wrong with those. Also the new all-seasons are coming out soon which are said to be another awesome tire.

If you want help changing your oil you're welcomed to drop by my house in Kent and we can knock it out.
Very generous offer and thank you. I should really decide between all seasons and summers. I’ve had summers since new and been just fine. But perhaps i have just been stupid, because i drive it into November and in the rain. Now something more to think about.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Hey! Yep, we did meet. Also saw you at the 8th grade promotion... Yes, I take my car to Brotherton Cadillac in Renton. Marvin, who is a fellow SS owner and Service Manager there, takes great care of my car when I bring it in. I would call and speak to him specifically...
That 8th grade promotion was something else. As best i remember, there was nothing like that when i “graduated” 8th grade. My 5th grader was also “promoted” to middle school a few days earlier, thankfully without a ceremony in the afternoon sun.

I’d suggest those of us remaining in the Seattle area get together this weekend but it’s going to be close to 100f and I melt above 85

421 - 440 of 450 Posts