361 - 380 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
SBM on MI... :smile

·
Super Moderator
7,498 Posts
Congratulations nefariousd and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
I still troll here, haha. And yes, I miss mine immensely! Good thing I sold it to my father to have the option to buy it back in a couple of years...but honestly I don’t think I’ll make it past next fall and will have to get it back.

You all should meet at The Shop. I love that place. Cars and coffee every Saturday morning from 10-12. Amazing collection of cars there, great food if you stay, and good free coffee.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Was it a Slipstream Blue? If so then that was me :grin
Man... today I was going to give you a thumbs up on NE 8 and 110th while I was walking to work and then out of nowhere you gunned your SS to pass standing traffic! Sounded sooooo good. Now I know how my SS sounds when out of nowhere I hit the gas!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Man... today I was going to give you a thumbs up on NE 8 and 110th while I was walking to work and then out of nowhere you gunned your SS to pass standing traffic! Sounded sooooo good. Now I know how my SS sounds when out of nowhere I hit the gas!
I was in a rush on my way to volunteer at a church down in Federal Way all this week and got impatient with all the right turn stoppages on 8th... Kinda felt like a jerk but glad you liked the sound!

And yes, I love having the sunroof open and hearing full throttle and upshift blats but always wish I could hear it from the perspective of a pedestrian and other drivers... I am jealous of you! :grin

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
And yes, I love having the sunroof open and hearing full throttle and upshift blats but always wish I could hear it from the perspective of a pedestrian and other drivers... I am jealous of you! :grin
Yeah this is my M.O. too. One of my favorite things in this car is when coming home from waterfront. Family in tow, love to gun it on the North I5 express lane onramp at 5th and Cherry. Great banking turn and a mile or so of tunnel to channel the noise. My girls love it too and like to roll down their windows before the shenanigans. You might mistake their shrieks, barely audible over the LS, for a blower under my hood :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was in a rush on my way to volunteer at a church down in Federal Way all this week and got impatient with all the right turn stoppages on 8th... Kinda felt like a jerk but glad you liked the sound!

Ironically there was another silver SS a few cars ahead of you. It was a 14-15 body style. He definitely didn't floor it!:grin

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
any one here own a 2016 Jungle Green with plate 'SS Lime' - passed it yesterday parked north of Top Pot Doughnuts in Issaquah

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Saw a fascinating car on Friday morning on my way to the dentist, about 6:50am, heading into Seattle on 520. Almost cement grey, didn’t look like a wrap either. No rear emblem at all (neither holden nor chevy) and no holes. Really great looking car. License plate said “TRASH” but I couldn’t tell if it was a Washington plate.

Anyone see this one before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey guys and gals, long time no forum. :D My SS is still doing great, it's not seeing a lot of miles these days because I am working virtual now, plus I bought a truck to drive during the winter. Interestingly enough, I just had the SS at the dealer today because it had a six-inch-wide pool of oil underneath when I backed it out this weekend after not driving it for a month - turned out the oil filter had split at a seam. Weird.

I'm going to put this in the for sale forum as well, but I have an essentially new set of 2017 OEM SS tires for sale, with just a couple thousand miles on them. I bought them from another forum member sometime in 2017 and they have been stored in tire bags in my garage. I am putting so few miles on the car that it just doesn't make sense to keep a second set of tires around. $500 takes the set, you pick up in Issaquah. Message me if interested.

I hope you are all doing well. I absolutely love the rarity of these amazing cars, they certainly are holding their value!

Thanks,

Pat

·
Registered
219 Posts
OK, who had the blue SS at Sunset Alehouse in Issaquah last ngiht? I came out to my NFG and was astounded to see another SS parked just a few spots away. It's been a LONG time since that happened.

361 - 380 of 420 Posts