Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 412 Posts

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I've got one on order, in the Shoreline area. I know @BOILRSS just took his home up north in Everett. @NateK is also in the region I believe.

Did you pickup your SS from Grey Chevrolet out on the peninsula? I was very tempted on that one when I saw it tagged. There's currently a HW auto tagged up in Everett right now that's mighty tempting... holding out for an M6 though.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I live in the Seattle area, haven't seen another SS on the roads as of yet. Nice to know I'm not alone!
I've seen a total of one in my last ~6 months of actively scanning for them in the wild. It was a 2014||2015 Holden badged HW auto, heading for the West Seattle. Oddly enough, the sighting occurred about 10 minutes after telling my wife that we should start actively looking out for them. At the time, I was a bit disappointed in thinking that was a sign of their prevalence in the region. Haven't spied a single one since; fear abated. Still, excited at the possibility of an SS quorum.

In contrast over the same period I venture I've seen over a dozen G8s. Saw a beautiful red G8 GT down in the Lake Tapps area recently. Even so I truly enjoy the exclusivity of the G8 up here; I still catch mine turning heads from time-to-time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes, I am in the Tacoma area, still haven't taken delivery of mine though.
Hopefully in early December when I get back from a trip.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to see others around here! yes, I did pick up the mystic green one from Grey Chevy. I had first right of refusal up at Everett on their silver one, but Grey gave me more for my trade-in. And now I see Everett got to tag their HW one (they had 5 total on the lot).

I've only seen one other ss in the wild, while driving through se Kent by Lake Meridian. And on my drive home from the purchase I had two trucks on the freeway slow down next to me checking it out; good times!!

Regardless of the weather, we all should try to meet one weekend morning for coffee; figure out a good middle point with a good parking lot (Auburn Outlet Mall perhaps across from the Starbucks there?)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep! Representing Everett here! I am surprised to see Seattle area so well represented! That is awesome. I must admit, it is nice to get people staring at the car wondering what the heck it is! The SS is still really rare up here. Though yeah, Everett Chevrolet had 5 SSs on the lot, I ended up going to Chuck Olson because they had the best deal for me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone interested in meeting early December, before the holiday madness? Maybe around the Southcenter area? Grab some coffee and bs about our prizes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey everyone, I put up a few Seattle meet up threads over the summer and a couple of us caught up on the eastside.

There are two of us here in Bellevue, a '15 6MT Mistic Green with Chev badges and my '16 6MT Blue with Holden badge correction.

I know there are also a couple '14 owners in Issaquah too

Anyway, I am down to catch up with the group anytime. XXX Root Beer Drive In in Issaquah is always a good destination for meet ups. Or maybe the Starbucks HQ in SODO for weekend morning coffee.

Also I may have some parts to sell if any locals are interested? I would rather not ship. Holden floor mats, blackout grill kit. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Oh an I have done pretty much all the conversions and trim swaps on my '16 so happy to help local friends if needed. Even done the black window trims.

-Tim

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Yep! Representing Everett here! I am surprised to see Seattle area so well represented! That is awesome. I must admit, it is nice to get people staring at the car wondering what the heck it is! The SS is still really rare up here. Though yeah, Everett Chevrolet had 5 SSs on the lot, I ended up going to Chuck Olson because they had the best deal for me.
haha nice, I sat in that car. They wouldn't let me drive it or start it on account of the stop sale. Shiny PBM looks really nice!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would be game to do a meet so long as I have mine. Lol
Really the only time I could work something out would be the weekend of the 10th though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just purchased a Bonus Tagged SLIH 2 weeks ago at Everett Chevrolet. I live in N Seattle Matthews Beach area. I missed both the Oak Harbor Mystic Green , the Chuck Olson Black by a just hours. Was lucky to get the SLIH from Everett, else was ready to buy one from Colorado Springs and ship it. Love to be in the pipeline with the other local SS owners.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Walter,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the sweet new ride. :thumbsUp:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Former G8 owner and current SS owner representing Seattle here! I bought mine from Myron in Texas and drove it all the way back home. Great trip!

I'm keen to meet but I'm in California for awhile - don't know how long, probably back home in December or January - the car is safely tucked into my garage and hibernating now (I hear it's raining now, go figure!)

I think SEATTLE is the logical place to meet - but I'm happy to travel from Everett to Kirkland to South Center if we get a group together.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey everyone, I put up a few Seattle meet up threads over the summer and a couple of us caught up on the eastside.

There are two of us here in Bellevue, a '15 6MT Mistic Green with Chev badges and my '16 6MT Blue with Holden badge correction.

I know there are also a couple '14 owners in Issaquah too

Anyway, I am down to catch up with the group anytime. XXX Root Beer Drive In in Issaquah is always a good destination for meet ups. Or maybe the Starbucks HQ in SODO for weekend morning coffee.

Also I may have some parts to sell if any locals are interested? I would rather not ship. Holden floor mats, blackout grill kit. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Oh an I have done pretty much all the conversions and trim swaps on my '16 so happy to help local friends if needed. Even done the black window trims.

-Tim

I'd definitely like to pick your brain about the Holden swap. The SODO area sounds good, Starbucks or even Pyramid Brewery. I think that would be better if someone comes up from Tacoma. But if not, I could do Issaquah.

Damon

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
welcome Walter!

I could "possibly" meet this weekend, would have to check with the better half to ensure plans aren't already made, haha.

I'm in Hawaii the weekend of Dec. 10th, so no go for me. But Nate, when are you to take delivery of yours?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Cool cool - yeah SODO would be good for everyone since it's central.

I am down to meet up for lunch or late morning coffee on Saturday.

10:30-11AM at SoDo Starbucks?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm in Hawaii the weekend of Dec. 10th, so no go for me. But Nate, when are you to take delivery of yours?
That's a great question. GM only sent one part to my dealer to fix two sold cars and the other guy had been waiting longer. All this happened the weekend before I left the country for work so I've been out of touch with my dealer. They know I can only take delivery in December as I'm leaving again in January and I'm sure they don't want to continue sitting on it so I'm expecting to be able to pick it up the weekend that I get back...

1 - 20 of 412 Posts