Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm fairly pleased with the results I got in a relatively short amount of time.

I'm seeing how much easier it is to keep the interior perfect when interior detailer is already applied (versus the first time having to cover every surface).

There's too much pollen this time of year to worry much about the body of the car, so I just cleaned the wheels and exhaust tips, ran it through a touchless wash, and then sealed the wheels with Adam's Guard and Gloss.

This process is becoming m go-to between full exterior details where I wash it with optimum and seal the paint. Between those, just manage the wheels and tips and use a car wash. It's the wheels and stainless tips being dirty that makes the car look dirty, and so I've come to prioritize hitting those first before worrying about the rest of the exterior.

After that I vacuumed the interior. I hold the end of the vac brush close to the interior panels and brush with the soft paint brush. I wear closed over ear headphones to block out the vacuum sound and make the process enjoyable rather than ear damaging. I touched up the interior where needed with Adam's TID.

Finally I took her for a drive to clean off the rotors.

I included some interior close-ups.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi all,

I'm seeing how much easier it is to keep the interior perfect when interior detailer is already applied (versus the first time having to cover every surface).

There's too much pollen this time of year to worry much about the body of the car, so I just cleaned the wheels and exhaust tips, ran it through a touchless wash, and then sealed the wheels with Adam's Guard and Gloss.

This process is becoming m go-to between full exterior details where I wash it with optimum and seal the paint. Between those, just manage the wheels and tips and use a car wash. It's the wheels and stainless tips being dirty that makes the car look dirty, and so I've come to prioritize hitting those first before worrying about the rest of the exterior.

After that I vacuumed the interior. I hold the end of the vac brush close to the interior panels and brush with the soft paint brush. I wear closed over ear headphones to block out the vacuum sound and make the process enjoyable rather than ear damaging. I touched up the interior where needed with Adam's TID.

Thanks for reading.

Always feels good to get in a clean car! Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SSman99

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for reading.

Always feels good to get in a clean car! Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Doesn't seem like a cleaner car goes faster down the road...or is it my mind playing tricks after my exhaustion?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gorgeous how clean that interior is. I love fresh interior and exteriors. Well done!

I am really having trouble with the yellow Meguiars microfiber cloths I purchased shedding fibers on the black interior - very disappointing.

What do you use for interior wipedowns?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gorgeous how clean that interior is. I love fresh interior and exteriors. Well done!

I am really having trouble with the yellow Meguiars microfiber cloths I purchased shedding fibers on the black interior - very disappointing.

So I am using all Adam's stuff. I'm not paid or affiliated or anything like that. But I just ordered a collection of their stuff and am amazed with it all.

The towels I use are called "Edgeless Utility Towels" by Adams. They are soft enough yet textured enough to clean and buff. I use 2 and do the whole wipe down, one wet with detailer and one dry for buffing.

They are leaving literally nothing behind.

I used them for cleaning tough stains too on the floormat rubber area, and it worked brilliantly. I'll be buying more when these get too used.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I use a lot of Adams stuff, but for towels go to Theragcompany.com. Same stuff cheaper, plus some extra goodies.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
The car can be a little dirty...But the wheels they must be CLEAN :angel

Reactions: SSman99

·
Registered
2017 Black, Auto, All Stock, Sunroof & Spare
4,131 Posts
Looksa goode SSman99! That's Sicilian for looks good...just a bad joke. Seriously though, be careful how you wash your microfiber towels and NEVER throw them in the dryer. I'm sure you know that, but I'm throwing it out there for those who don't. I'm mechanically challenged but my thing is cleaning and driving.

My car is so dirty I can't stand it. Either my schedule or the weather hasn't been cooperating for me these last few months...frustrating.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looksa goode SSman99! That's Sicilian for looks good...just a bad joke. Seriously though, be careful how you wash your microfiber towels and NEVER throw them in the dryer. I'm sure you know that, but I'm throwing it out there for those who don't. I'm mechanically challenged but my thing is cleaning and driving.

My car is so dirty I can't stand it. Either my schedule or the weather hasn't been cooperating for me these last few months...frustrating.
Thanks.

I have to admit I do throw my MF towels in the dryer. My process is as follows:

-as towels become dirty, throw in bucket of water
-bring dirty towels bucket inside, hand wash with dish soap (amazing how that stuff turns black to nothing)
-throw in washer on light cycle
-throw in dryer on delicate low/no heat cycle, with no fabric softener (as those chemicals in the towel could disrupt your car chemicals' action)

My towels seem to be holding up well with this process, but YMMV. It probably depends on a lot of conditions.

·
Registered
2017 Black, Auto, All Stock, Sunroof & Spare
4,131 Posts
Just very little heat in the dryer. Heat will cause the tips of the microfibers to sorta fuse together, get "hard" and will cause fine scratches on the car's paint. Am I OCD about cleaning my car? Yup....lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just very little heat in the dryer. Heat will cause the tips of the microfibers to sorta fuse together, get "hard" and will cause fine scratches on the car's paint. Am I OCD about cleaning my car? Yup....lol
Good advice. I'm OCD about scratches too, especially in interior. Exterior I don't care as much as swirls are there when you buy the thing and are can be polished out down the road.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Thanks.

I have to admit I do throw my MF towels in the dryer. My process is as follows:

-as towels become dirty, throw in bucket of water
-bring dirty towels bucket inside, hand wash with dish soap (amazing how that stuff turns black to nothing)
-throw in washer on light cycle
-throw in dryer on delicate low/no heat cycle, with no fabric softener (as those chemicals in the towel could disrupt your car chemicals' action)

My towels seem to be holding up well with this process, but YMMV. It probably depends on a lot of conditions.
Or you could air dry them then put them in a cool dryer to fluff them back up.
Dryers are ok if kept on lowest setting. The Junkmans says to put them in for just a few minutes then back out to air dry. TRC, Ammonyc, and Adams all have good instructions and videos on the subject.

Reactions: Smirnoff67

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts

Try a Swiffer duster after, and works great for quik dustings.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
The car can be a little dirty...But the wheels they must be CLEAN :angel
A couple days of driving with sunny skies & my car still looks clean :smile
Except for my beautiful chrome wheels :frown

Power Stop Z23 pads...80 bucks for all 4 sets from Rock Auto, I'm just about ready to invest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts