Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Involved in a wreck with the SS today. No injuries to anyone but my pristine 17 OBM 6M will likely be totaled. Severe rear damage!

Any feedback so I get a fair insurance payout/things I should do?

Leads on a replacement?

Thx all!

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,409 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
:crying

Glad to hear you're OK though!!

·
Premium Member
6,943 Posts
Bummer on the car. Glad yer OK.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate all the sentiments. So very true. At the end of the day an object which can be replaced.. But like most people here know... This one is a bit of a special object..

Regarding thread info for insurance.. That is essentially asking price.. Not actual transaction price. Is that useful? Any place to get actual transaction data?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Sorry about your SS

Glad you’re all ok.

Reactions: a6d9cmro

·
Registered
103 Posts
That really sucks, I would be crushed. Glad it kept you safe.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have been rear ended TWICE in other vehicles. I have learned a few things. First, if you are coming to a stop and there is no one on your arse already, I leave at least a car length between me and the guy ahead of me. That way you have a cushion zone if you need to jump forward to avoid a rear end collision. That little trick saved me from rear end accident number 3. No joke. Second, If I see traffic rolling up behind me I keep my eyes on the rear view mirror to try and anticipate what the other driver is doing. Third, if the other driver rolling up behind me appears to be coming in too hot or appears to be distracted, I start flashing my brake lights. Once everyone is stopped is about the only time I will roll forward into my safety zone.

Good luck on your replacement. B.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
That is a tough question on actual transaction deals, maybe your states' DMV could sort on model and year. Other than that only ammo for you that I can think of could be searches for SS models for sale that match your year and specs.
Only silver lining to any of this is everyone you care about is OK.

Good luck searching and hopefully things will work out, and keep us up on how it goes.
All the best.
Cheers,
tp

·
Registered
427 Posts
Give your insurance adjuster a copy of your window sticker. A lot of'm likely never worked a SS claim previously = unfamiliar with value of the car; that its base price includes features most other makes/models would have as options.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For your sake, I hope State Farm is the insurance company as they were great to deal with and gave me more than a fair value for my dearly departed 14. I was prepared to haggle, but I got 75% of what I paid new for my 14 that had 65,000 miles.

Reactions: rebel21 and wilkin4

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,409 Posts
I have been rear ended TWICE in other vehicles. I have learned a few things. First, if you are coming to a stop and there is no one on your arse already, I leave at least a car length between me and the guy ahead of me. That way you have a cushion zone if you need to jump forward to avoid a rear end collision. That little trick saved me from rear end accident number 3. No joke. Second, If I see traffic rolling up behind me I keep my eyes on the rear view mirror to try and anticipate what the other driver is doing. Third, if the other driver rolling up behind me appears to be coming in too hot or appears to be distracted, I start flashing my brake lights. Once everyone is stopped is about the only time I will roll forward into my safety zone.

Good luck on your replacement. B.
While at a stop light, I was rear-ended and my son also got smacked at 45mph while at a red light. His car was totaled. I purchased a pulse device for the third brake light, and I have forth brake light; not installed yet. Every bit helps to grab the attention of drivers not paying attention. The kid that rammed my son admitted to the office that he was texting.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts