Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title states, anyone actually do this? I hear a common complaint with the whipple or heartbeat is that its incredibly quiet. I've read about using open filter elements or opening the top of the rotofab to get the S/C whine.

The ricer in me wants to hear the supercharger but, being in CA for smog reasons, I have to run the stock airbox. So my question is has anyone found a way or has actually routed the Kazoo tube with a whipple kit?

I figured that would really be all thats needed to increase the whine in cabin as its the same concept as a pretty popular mod in the mustang ( I know, I know) community (Foster SC Mod kit).

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I'm curious of the Foster Kit. I just submitted my car. I agree I don't get a lot of whine. It is a little better with a smaller pulley and larger CAI and TB.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I have the Rotofab (without the tube) on my Whipple and above 3k rpm using the paddles there is enough whine for me( I'm not talking about my wife when I get on it). A neighbor has a Challenger HC now that has alot of whine.

Reactions: Ayrick

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I'm definitely going to want to have more sound in the LS swap than what the average is with the heartbeat maggie I have for it.

But given it is almost 30 years old, i should be fine with the lack of any major insulation / sound barriers in this beater :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
413 Posts
My car is NA, but I did re-connect the kazoo after installing an AirRaid CAI. Parts came from Amazon. A 1" OD stainless tube and 1'' X 1 3/8" grommet.

Amazon.com: 1" OD Verocious 90 Deg. 304 Stainless Steel Mandrel Bend, 16 Gauge - 1.5" Radius, 3" x 9" Legs: Automotive

Drilled a hole in the bottom of the intake tube with a stepped drill bit, installed the grommet and cut the tube to fit. Has worked great for a couple years now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts