Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it that the 2014 Chevrolet SS will be getting the same digital instrument cluster (or something like it) found in the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette! It makes sense especially after many sources claimed the Chevrolet SS will be getting a ZL1.

Have a look at what might be in the SS:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Being a limited production high performance sedan, it better come with a ultra cool digital cluster.

I just have a problem with things like the digital read out of oil, coolant, etc. If a sensor is faulty and there isn't a dipstick. how will you ever know if you have the right amount of oil or coolant.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Really cool looking instrument panel, isee more new cars come with this sort of technology, the new Lexus IS has it too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Are we to assume those pictures are in B&W? I hope so. I had the chance to sit in a 2013 Mustang GT and it has a small screen between the two main gauge pods and it was full color with all types of cool info. It even had an operating drag strip Christmas tree. I would hope that Chevy will at least keep up with the Jones and we can wish they surpass what others currently offer.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Are we to assume those pictures are in B&W? I hope so. I had the chance to sit in a 2013 Mustang GT and it has a small screen between the two main gauge pods and it was full color with all types of cool info. It even had an operating drag strip Christmas tree. I would hope that Chevy will at least keep up with the Jones and we can wish they surpass what others currently offer.
I think it's safe to say those pictures are in black & white, no way can any car maker in the right mind design gauges like that and have them in black and white.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Being a limited production high performance sedan, it better come with a ultra cool digital cluster.

I just have a problem with things like the digital read out of oil, coolant, etc. If a sensor is faulty and there isn't a dipstick. how will you ever know if you have the right amount of oil or coolant.
Kinda no different than when the sensor fails and causes a false reading on an analog cluster gauge that is electronically taking a reading through communication the BCM bus, right? The digital part of this dash is just the presentation, all the electronics and logistics behind the scene are still digital in modern cars and will continue to be in the future. I'm amazed at how much data my dashboss can pull up multiple-times-a-second from the ECM just by streaming to my ipad, these cars are very advanced technically!

That only if the SS doesn't get the one shown in the Commodore VF reveal pics.:rolleyes:
I did see HUD in the commodore side, would a digital hud negate or complement a potential digital dash? :rolleyes:

My bet is analog dash but digital hud on the windshield that can be reconfigured to suit. :D

--zepcom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts