Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My SS was recently rear-ended, and goes into the body shop January 3, 2022. I would very much like to be on the list if there is still a spot available. Thanks!
If your taillights need to be replaced, these brackets come with the taillight assembly. I have no idea if the taillight assembly currently has same US supply issues as the brackets separately. Or if taillight assemblies in US stock have the original or revised brackets. My spare taillight assemblies don’t have a part number on the brackets.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
If your taillights need to be replaced, these brackets come with the taillight assembly. I have no idea if the taillight assembly currently has same US supply issues as the brackets separately. Or if taillight assemblies in US stock have the original or revised brackets. My spare taillight assemblies don’t have a part number on the brackets.

I see, thank you.

Taillights will definitely have to be replaced. We got smacked pretty hard. I'll discuss it with the body shop when I drop it off.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I see, thank you.

Taillights will definitely have to be replaced. We got smacked pretty hard. I'll discuss it with the body shop when I drop it off.

Ouch. Sorry to see that. Hope you get made whole one way or another.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to see that. Hope you get made whole one way or another.
Thanks, me too! We're just counting our blessings that no one was injured.

Reactions: 16PB6MT

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Please add me to the list.

Thanks for doing this. 🙏

Reactions: SSFanBoy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks everyone, we will need to hold for now as I’m approaching all remaining sets sold.

If there are any extras or sets that people backed out from I will post them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m in for a set also when any come available, Thank You

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you all for your support on the first group but we filled the 50 spots quick.

Australia has 40 left on one part number and a few more of the other. The US still has no eta at this time. This very could be the end of the line for these as GM continues to gut Holden parts.

These fix the dreaded sag under the tail light and make the bumper cover fit much tighter to the trunk/tail light. Also imagine getting hit and breaking brackets that aren’t available anymore.

We are looking at approximately $150 shipped for the batch.

I’ll be looking for a $50 deposit to lock in the spot then the remaining $100 once they are enroute to us.

They will be coming from Australia. There is a before and after. That’s the least improvement you’ll see. My driver side was much worse.

As the first group buy still hasn’t shipped, PLEASE COMMENT HERE ONLY. If it goes to my DM’s it will get both groups confused.

Anyone that messaged me I have you down already. Thanks!

These will be shipping from 85750.

I’ll take a set.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you all for your support on the first group but we filled the 50 spots quick.

Australia has 40 left on one part number and a few more of the other. The US still has no eta at this time. This very could be the end of the line for these as GM continues to gut Holden parts.

These fix the dreaded sag under the tail light and make the bumper cover fit much tighter to the trunk/tail light. Also imagine getting hit and breaking brackets that aren’t available anymore.

We are looking at approximately $150 shipped for the batch.

I’ll be looking for a $50 deposit to lock in the spot then the remaining $100 once they are enroute to us.

They will be coming from Australia. There is a before and after. That’s the least improvement you’ll see. My driver side was much worse.

As the first group buy still hasn’t shipped, PLEASE COMMENT HERE ONLY. If it goes to my DM’s it will get both groups confused.

Anyone that messaged me I have you down already. Thanks!

These will be shipping from 85750.

I'm kind of ignorant on these things so can you explain if this offering is just in case you have a rear ender or are these designed to make for a better fit even if undamaged?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm kind of ignorant on these things so can you explain if this offering is just in case you have a rear ender or are these designed to make for a better fit even if undamaged?
You know, I was kind of ignorant there for a few weeks also and then after the first batch went through and was over with I took a picture for a fellow member on the rear badge placement and immediately noticed the sag under the taillight. Zoom in on the taillight and you can see it. It’s not bad but I’m sure it will get worse over time. It’s a fitment upgrade.

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: SSFanBoy

·
Registered
37 Posts
What I saw
You know, I was kind of ignorant there for a few weeks also and then after the first batch went through and was over with I took a picture for a fellow member on the rear badge placement and immediately noticed the sag under the taillight. Zoom in on the taillight and you can see it. It’s not bad but I’m sure it will get worse over time. It’s a fitment upgrade.

View attachment 294484
I just went outside and checked under both taillights and there is a slim space under each where two metal brackets can be seen if you look closely. They appear the same on both sides.

Are you saying you have parts available that can be purchased to close that 1/4" to 1/2" gap?

·
Registered
2017 SS 6MT
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
What I saw

I just went outside and checked under both taillights and there is a slim space under each where two metal brackets can be seen if you look closely. They appear the same on both sides.

Are you saying you have parts available that can be purchased to close that 1/4" to 1/2" gap?
Absolutely! Assuming the rear bumper cover isn’t damaged. But yes I’ve seen it close some pretty big gaps…

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
777 Posts
Good time to upgrade too some Spyder taillights

·
Registered
37 Posts
Absolutely! Assuming the rear bumper cover isn’t damaged. But yes I’ve seen it close some pretty big gaps…

I guess a dealership can install? Instructions? Cost? And I thought you might've said earlier that the ones you had were all taken...no?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I guess a dealership can install? Instructions? Cost? And I thought you might've said earlier that the ones you had were all taken...no?
Also, you say the gaps I mentioned could be closed by these brackets. Is that the main function of these brackets or did I miss something?

·
Registered
2016 Chevy SS, RH2, 6MT, Hole, Spare, Mods
56 Posts
My SS was recently rear-ended, and goes into the body shop January 3, 2022. I would very much like to be on the list if there is still a spot available. Thanks!
I'd be willing to give up my brackets from the first group buy for raneil86 if SSfanboy is going to do another group buy.

Raneil - let me know what you find out about the brackets included with the replacement taillights.

Reactions: Pinetree
21 - 40 of 64 Posts