Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good tuners in Tennessee? I just looked up Rick Crawford hoping he was on the west side of NC. Not the case and I just don't have the time for a 15hr round trip drive. Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga are all about the same distance from me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
You can always try Livernois mail order tune.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can always try Livernois mail order tune.
Agreed, if your not trying to pry every last HP out of your tune and 95%+ works for you then I'd recommend LMS. Rereading that sounds like a dog on LMS but it's not, I mean that positively. If you're near stock and NA for example the difference between the LMS email tune and a dyno tune may only be a couple of HP. The bigger benefit though is if you later buy 'standard' upgrades they likely have a tune already for you they can send to take advantage of it for free. I had the LMS tune in my stockish 17 with a Rotofab. I went the Whipple route in January and was quite surprised to see they happily sent me the new tune for my car and it flashed and worked good right out of the box. In that time I've thrown 1 code and that was not their fault I found I had a gasket leak on the Whipple. I've done put a couple thousand miles on that email tune and have no complaints.

Given that I'm SC now I understand I have some HP sitting on the table likely and someday I may make the 12hr drive each way to LMS to get a full dyno tune. I may then unlock the extra 25-40 horses *potentially* still sitting untapped but right now I'm good with it knowing it runs strong and isn't on the ragged edge of popping a piston either.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the ideas. I'll be modding in increments as time and money allows. First go around will be intake and tune, then FBO and finally an LSA. So, will be tuning three times.

Ace Performance is in Huntsville, Al. Not too far from Tn border. Adam Cooper owns it and is a partner of sorts with Rick Crawford. Great guy and does a fantastic tune.

https://www.aceperformance.biz
This would be perfect as I have family in Decatur.

·
Supporting Vendor
251 Posts
Our tuner Andrew Zurick is one of the best out there, but we are in PA. If you need to do the tune mail order, let us know, we may be able to help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another recommendation for Adam at Ace Performance. He tuned my car after cam, converter and exhaust build. As previously mentioned, he works closely with Rick and they share a lot of info and knowledge.

·
Registered
96 Posts
How far away from Decatur AL? I just had Bryant Bros do my Rotofab, Kooks headers, and pipes install, then tune on their Dynojet with fantastic results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts