Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this is the right place for this. The remote start on my 2014 SS is meant to work up to 100 meters from the car, but I have to right next to it for it to activate.

I googled it and couldn't find anything useful and couldn't find anything in iLink under Vehicle Settings either

I'd like to be able to start the car remotely from inside my house or from a reasonable distance.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
14,323 Posts
If fresh batteries in the remote don't fix the problem, two other possibilities come to mind.
1. Something in the trunk is blocking the RF receiver. Some have experienced this after installing sound deadening in that area.
2. The RF receiver has failed. This has been a problem for many years and symptoms are just as you describe. It works but you have to be within 1 or 3 meters of the car.

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
Hold it to your chin while pushing the button?

Reactions: LindenBruce

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
If Batteries are not the problem then you probably have to renew the Onstar so you can use the GM app to remote start. I always garage mine now but when I was a working stiff the car was still under the free use of the GM app for remote start. I just lost the rest of the free stuff now that it's 5 years old in July.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,661 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts