Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to get the RLG shift boot to go along with my MGW shifter install. I have seen a few people that have used them, but I’m trying to pin down the exact spect that I need. They come in several “shorter” lengths. What length are you guys going with.

I believe that I need the one for a 13-15 Camaro.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
632 Posts
Do a 1.75” reduction in material on the Camaro boot. You might have fitment issues with leather like I did. Looking back I would have just ordered the ZL1 microfiber boot.

I love my new shifter knob, boot, and rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bourmb! I’d go with a zl1 part, but I really prefer the smooth leather look. Honestly, I’m really just wanting the red stitching.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I hear ya about the red stitching. My first shifter swap in the SS was for the LSR G8 Tri-Ax shifter with an OEM Camaro Hurst boot and red baseball stitching on the handle. To make the boot fit, I disassembled both boots and attached the Camaro boot to the SS trim piece. IIRC, there was some extra material in the Camaro boot at the rear that I spliced to make a seam in the center. I believe it was from a 2010 Camaro SS.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Looks like I tucked it in at the seams instead of cutting it like I thought. The rear part of the boot is mostly hidden, no one will notice it except you. I do not know about the fit of the later years' Camaro boots. HTH.
20200628_212810.jpg
20200628_212941.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you grinchem! This is great info. I think I should be able to get it all together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts