Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,403 Posts
Saw it through to checkout on GMPartsDirect and it shows available. Boom5 5% promo code right now as well. If you attempt this yourself you will need to de-pin the strut. Good luck!

View attachment 268693

·
Registered
254 Posts
Possibly superseded?

Hopefully someone can confirm, but I believe the 2016/2017 shocks are functionally the same (possibly a different part number, hopefully without the propensity to leak).

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I was poking around gmpartsgiant.com today and discovered that the rear shocks for my 2015 SS are discontinued. Is there a replacement or are we screwed? :eek
They are available in the ACDelco parts catalog, same part for 2015 to 2017. Available online for $321 each from rockauto.com. $350 elsewhere.

Shock Absorber
Part Number: 580-1085
Product Notes:
Shock Absorber
All; Rear; ELIZABETH SA, AUSTRALIA PLANT CODE(ESA), SPORT Susp(FE3), VARIABLE TIME DAMPING CHASSIS(F55); CODE ABS5; Base*
Per Vehicle: 2; Years: 2015-2017

https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/BuyersGuideSearch.php?BGRequest=1&part=580-1085&catalog=5560&parttype=7556

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Tasca parts has them. Let me put them in the cart and proceed to checkout. Hope this helps.

View attachment 268727

View attachment 268729

I still do doubt if that is conclusive or not. I just tried to purchase a part from 3 different online GM parts dealers (one of them being Tasca) and each one let me put the part in and proceed to payment. On each, I halted at that point and then called to ask a human to verify if the part was truly in stock. Each one came back and said they were out of stock. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
And the parts shortage begins.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I'm ordering some tie rods right now. The Mevotech pieces shipped. OEM inners and boot kits still 3 weeks out. I'm learning most parts will have long lead on delivery. Now this is from Summit so saves me shipping. I can go to dealership or GM online at a premium $. And see them sooner. I imagine we may be trolling GTO and G8 sites for ideas eventually to keep our babies on the road.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Tasca parts has them. Let me put them in the cart and proceed to checkout. Hope this helps.

View attachment 268727

View attachment 268729

I still do doubt if that is conclusive or not. I just tried to purchase a part from 3 different online GM parts dealers (one of them being Tasca) and each one let me put the part in and proceed to payment. On each, I halted at that point and then called to ask a human to verify if the part was truly in stock. Each one came back and said they were out of stock.
Shazbut....

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am hoping and praying that GM upgraded them and they will be replaced with a new and improved version... :WTF:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Definitely keeping an eye on this one. I have a leaky rear strut that my mechanic is supposedly in the process of ordering (CarMax warranty already coming in clutch. Woot!). This may explain why it's taking so long.

Mike

·
Registered
2,189 Posts

View attachment 268727

View attachment 268729

Tasca does not have them. Ordered two and got this:

“Part #92269317 is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer and has no estimated date of resupply. We are unable to acquire it at this time. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, sometimes the demand for certain parts and accessories exceeds manufacturers’ current supplies. I apologize for the inconvenience.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, that or go for coilovers like the '14 guys and get the little sensor tricking things for the MRC system. Sucks that parts are drying up already, was bound to happen though.

1 - 20 of 327 Posts