Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've only had the car for a few days so far, but I've already gotten a couple of noteworthy reactions, & I'm sure that many of you have as well...

The first one kind of blew my mind - I pulled in to a parking lot next to a veterinary clinic & blipped the throttle a little bit, just because I'm still loving that exhaust note. I didn't think anything of it until a (not-unattractive) 20-something girl in scrubs walked a dog a few feet past the car, paused for a second, & then threw one of those "come-hither" looks over her left shoulder! :eek Now, I'm no longer even close to my twenties, & it's a pretty safe bet that People magazine doesn't have me in the running for "Sexiest Man of the Year" - so I'm thinking that I'm not the only one who likes to hear a good V8 exhaust note. (And no, I didn't follow-up on her look, I've been married too long, & didn't care to make a fool of myself.)

The second one was yesterday - I was driving to work, saw a nice-looking late-model Camaro SS merge onto the road slightly ahead of me. I had enough speed to overtake him, but I still gave it a little bit of throttle just to let him know that it wasn't an "Impalibu" going by. (FWIW, I have no interest in street racing, so I wasn't trying to provoke that.) When I got caught at a light a few hundred yards up the road, he merged over into the right-turn lane & stopped in my blind spot for a few seconds. I could see him looking over (trying not to be obvious), & the phrase

"What the he!! is THAT??"

was all but written on his face... Gave me a chuckle as I was going in to work... :D

Anyone else have any amusing stories to tell??

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...just to let him know that it wasn't an "Impalibu" going by.
Heh - Now I'm considering "Impalibu" as a custom license plate... :grin

·
Super Moderator
5,406 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
657 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was at my uncles 80th birthday party and my cousins husband is a mustang guy.. I ask him if he's still got his mustang and he's like yea.. that's right! you're a chevy guy... what do you have a camaro like everyone else. I was like no, an SS, you know what those are right? We take a walk outside and he walks right by it looking for? not sure what he was walking towards.

·
Registered
484 Posts
best for me was back in 2015 when I got the car (holden badged by the dealer) and one of my colleagues at work ran up to me knowing I was a car guy was like "you gotta see this car in the parking lot, I've never seen anything like it!" I lol'd.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Holy crap, you guys weren't kidding - I'll never get those hours of my life back... :dry: :rolleyes:
Now that you're all caught up, it should be easy to maintain. You can even add some stories of your own as they accumulate.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that you're all caught up, it should be easy to maintain. You can even add some stories of your own as they accumulate.
Just did, & probably will continue to... :smile

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You seem to have enjoyed it. I have 15 likes from you in the last two days. :D
Ha!! You must have shared some funny/entertaining anecdotes, I guess... :wink

1 - 15 of 15 Posts