Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not long ago a forum member posted that he had replaced his original radio switch (see attached for original part) with another where the SRC is printed not flush with the wheel but a couple of mm higher on a detent. This certainly aids in rotating the switch.

I have been unable to find the post no matter how I search.

My question: is p/n 92256902 upgraded to this new version or did the OP use a part from another GM vehicle?

Thanks for the help!

radio switch 92256902.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
The part is from another GM vehicle. The part number is GM 42356198 it is the radio switch from a 2017-2020 Chevy Trax and a 2019-2020 Chevy Sonic. It is a pretty close match in same font and illumination intensity.

·
Registered
306 Posts
^What he said. I did this mod because I do regularly scroll through sources. It works great and all functions work properly. Got mine locally for $30.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there is install instructions for this anywhere? I definitely need to do this. My thumb slides off sometimes while pushing the stock one up (to change tracks or stations) and doesn't register as easy as I would like.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’m constantly using this button to scroll through XM presets and a lot of times I can’t get it to scroll without my thumb sliding. This is perfect! Good find.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,070 Posts
^What he said. I did this mod because I do regularly scroll through sources. It works great and all functions work properly. Got mine locally for $30.
That's the same one that I have, but, I've never changed mine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow this is an awesome thread! Does anyone have any installation DIY's?? I definitely am interested in this too!

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's not very difficult to replace. You simply pop the airbag off (a lot of you are familiar with that) by inserting a thin pick or small rod into the holes in the back side of the steering wheel. Then, you pry the steering wheel trim piece off, and the switch comes off after that. You'll have to pry it out of the retainer that presses into the steering wheel, but that's about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is the post from Facebook with instructions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does it fit all years, 2014-2017? I'm guessing yes since @carkhz316 sig is 2014 PBM and he's recommending the part# to the OP who has a 2017. However, I don't want to assume.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all for chiming in. I just ordered the part and don't expect any fitment issues.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Ordered this too. 33 bucks. It’ll make skipping tracks easier!

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I was worried that at some point this part would wear out and it would be difficult to get a replacement. So I'm relieved to hear it's used on other GM vehicles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts