Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I said it months ago. Car is stock. Check your radiators. Make sure they dont look like this. This isnt run off from me putting fluid or anything like that. Its seaping from endtanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Lame. How many miles on yours? Also, have you observed coolant loss to cause you to investigate or did you just see this on a whim?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I look at my motor everyday. 76k miles. When i remove cap its topped off. Coolant tank filled to correct level as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
This is actually a typical failure with radiators in use today. The aluminum cores and plastic tanks and a gasket between the two. Sometimes you can take the radiator into a radiator shop and they can pinch down the crimps a bit to stop the leak. Sometimes not. Always something to keep an eye on for sure. B.

Reactions: HKS and wilkin4

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just discovered a small leak on bottom of my 2017 radiator. Did you find a solution for this? (I currently only have 8776 miles on the clock)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I used this as a replacement last year

·
Registered
18 Posts
Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered the cold case rad for my car back in March and last update I got was at least june if not longer for me to receive it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Denso looks cheap enough to give a shot. The Cold Case is about $425 when the AC Delco unit from Rock Auto is about the same price after Shipping. I think Ill see if I can get a warranty replacement then maybe try the Denso purely for cost reasons.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ended up calling GM and voicing my opinion/complaint. Because the mileage was so low and the warranty had only just expired, they didnt question anything and asked me to bring it to a dealer for evaluation. The dealer took a quick look and contacted GM. The repair, which would have cost over $700 under normal circumstances, only cost me $200 after GM's involvement.

Couldnt have been faster or easier.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I smelled a wiff of coolant the other day... prolly same issue... only around 48,000 miles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just take the skid plate off and im sure you can see. Or look at the skid plate from above with a flashlight and you can probably see pooling.

·
Registered
592 Posts
B to B or powertrain cover it??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts