Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I’m upgrading from a Rotofab to a VCM intake. I have an Elite Catch Can with a Clean Side Separator where the hose connected to the Rotofab intake elbow and I’m trying to figure out the best way to connect the fuel/oil line to the PCV connection on the rubber boot. Any suggestions? I don’t want to hack up the supplied tube that came with the VCM kit so it’s easier to sell someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I’m upgrading from a Rotofab to a VCM intake. I have an Elite Catch Can with a Clean Side Separator where the hose connected to the Rotofab intake elbow and I’m trying to figure out the best way to connect the fuel/oil line to the PCV connection on the rubber boot. Any suggestions? I don’t want to hack up the supplied tube that came with the VCM kit so it’s easier to sell someday.

I bought a Dorman 90 degree elbow. No need to respond

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, Could you show me what your install looks like? I’m in the process of choosing a elite or Mighty Mouse catch can and have a VCM intake.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, Could you show me what your install looks like? I’m in the process of choosing a elite or Mighty Mouse catch can and have a VCM intake.
Sure thing. I had to move my Elite catch can over to the driver side to accommodate the VCM intake. Elite said there would be no issues with the length of hose. I would definitely get an Elite so you can upgrade to the Clean Air Separator which I have on my car. I bought a 3/8” OD plastic vacuum tube at Autozone to connect the hose from the Clean Air Separator to the VCM. I’m in the process of adding heat shielding to the VCM intake so it’s off the car right now. I’ll update with a final photo when it’s on the car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought a pack of these on ebay to connect my Clean Air Separator to the factory intake:
Norma PA6-GF30

These are the OE connectors for the PCV system and I'm still using them with my VCM. All I had to do was snip off the round clip portion and the O-ring section fits very snug in the VCM orifice.

Reactions: gbro18

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a package with an assortment of tubes. I can’t find the exact package but I’ve attached another type of fitting that will work great.

·
Registered
2017 SS M6
67 Posts
I don't have a close up picture, but I used a straight 3/8x3/8 brass fitting. I already had the catch can and CSS installed, so I didn't relocate those.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeMc
1 - 7 of 7 Posts