Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Actually it's no quicker than 10.50 or faster than 134.99...After that, its roll bar time.
10.00 for 2008 newer, used to be stock, now it’s regardless of mods

Reactions: MikeMc

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
So it’s looking like a helmet, a jacket, and a driveshaft loop. Damn, another $400 to spend. And I told myself I was going to chill out for a while on the spending.....
You running slicks?

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts
Moved thread to drag racing forum.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I was good with just a helmet deep into the low 10s. Once I started running 9 second passes they said don't come back without a roll cage.😥

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Reactions: RobSSleeper

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I was good with just a helmet deep into the low 10s. Once I started running 9 second passes they said don't come back without a roll cage.
Yeah getting kicked gives me mixed emotions - it’s like yeah I’m too fast, wait, I can’t race

·
Registered
8 Posts
The last time I went to the track, I was running my 14 sec. 72 C10 in high school. 1997ish. I’m thinking of seeing what my SS can do. I’m thinking I might break into the 11s with some luck. (711whp and drag radials). It looks like I’m going to need a helmet and a jacket for sure. Will I really need a 6pt roll bar for sub 11.49? And whats all the other sfi seatbelt, clutch/flywheel shield. I’m running a Monster Clutch. Will I even need to worry about getting in the 10s? That‘s a whole new set of rules. What’s that all about? Basically what do I need to do to my car before I go to the track if I plan on 11s or even 10s? Thanks for any help.
Just my experience here with a completely stock 2014 (automatic) as a benchmark.. Typical times are around 13 and best was 12.982 and best speed was 110 mph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The last time I went to the track, I was running my 14 sec. 72 C10 in high school. 1997ish. I’m thinking of seeing what my SS can do. I’m thinking I might break into the 11s with some luck. (711whp and drag radials). It looks like I’m going to need a helmet and a jacket for sure. Will I really need a 6pt roll bar for sub 11.49? And whats all the other sfi seatbelt, clutch/flywheel shield. I’m running a Monster Clutch. Will I even need to worry about getting in the 10s? That‘s a whole new set of rules. What’s that all about? Basically what do I need to do to my car before I go to the track if I plan on 11s or even 10s? Thanks for any help.
You'll blow 11s out of the water if you can actually hook at that. I ran 10.6xx with 630 wheel. Good luck!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts