Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Red Hot 2 SS sunroof and spare
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I decided to go ahead and get the Solo Axlebacks, but didn't realize they come in either 3" or 3.5" tips. Unfortunately they don't have any pictures of the two sizes on their website. Can you help me decide which ones fit and look best? I would love to see any pictures of your quad tip exhaust if you have 3" or 3.5" and comment on how you like it, even if they aren't the Solo's. What size are the tips on the 16-17's? Plenty of pictures of those for reference... Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
654 Posts
3” is stock on 16/17. I’ve had both 3” and 3.5” on my car. 3.25” would be perfect if offered in a staggered tip. 3.5” does not offer up enough space between the tips and the rear balance which will result in the plastic and/or valence paint to be damaged in the long-term. Also, neither the left or right side gap for the tip exit is EXACTLY the same so a 3.5” allows no room for error. I sold my 3.5” Solo tips after driving down a couple miles and realizing how hot the valence plastic became with a short drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Red Hot 2 SS sunroof and spare
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bourmb. Ordered the Solos with 3" tips. Anxiously waiting for them to arrive!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts