Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GM touch up paint DOES NOT match, even though the paint code is the same it is NOT blue, it is a dark purple hue. I now have little dark purple specks instead of blue that I have to repair.

For touch ups buy your paint from Paint Scratch, and order your paint for a 2016 Caprice. They matched the color almost 100% opposed to the GM factory touch up.

Reactions: LAG and NS324

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is what you want. 2016 Caprice SSB
(Look for the dot on the right)

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for this! just got two nasty chips on my hood last weekend, ill be ordering some soon. Did you get clear as well?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for this! just got two nasty chips on my hood last weekend, ill be ordering some soon. Did you get clear as well?
Yeah I bought 2 spray cans of paint and 1 of clear.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for information!! i just ordered some now for some chips.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Just my .02. I had OK luck with the factory paint and having touch up paint mixed at local auto paint store with clear. My best luck with touching up things though was Dr. Colorchip.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

There are plenty of YouTube videos on the interwebs about it, but it performed some miracles on making some things disappear once I took the time to learn how to use it and committed the time to actually do it correctly. Regardless what you choose, good luck on your repair.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting. The Red Hot and Some Like it Hot colors I got from my dealer were a good match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts