1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
809 Posts
He needs his happy place where people won't boo him. UFC, NASCAR, and SEC Football.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Politicians gotta know their base. POTUS isn't doing anything different in that regard than any of the rest of 'em do.
Could be a fun game to speculate what events some of the other candidates would attend if they were elected.

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Politicians gotta know their base. POTUS isn't doing anything different in that regard than any of the rest of 'em do.
Could be a fun game to speculate what events some of the other candidates would attend if they were elected.
... not to hard to figure out!!!

Just watch/listen to what groups they currently pander to.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
OK!! I'll play!!!

Pete Buttigieg!!

Bernie Sanders!!

:mad:

Edit: RIP,, and Apologies to Kirk Douglas!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Now hold on guys!! Just think how entertaining and well attended this year's Oscars would have been if the POTUS had decided to go. People would have lined up outside for days waiting to get in. Let him emcee and I would have been glued to the tube. And the ratings would have gone through the roof!
(I can only imagine how he would introduce winners.)

·
Registered
876 Posts
OK!! I'll play!!!

Pete Buttigieg!!

Bernie Sanders!!

:mad:

Edit: RIP,, and Apologies to Kirk Douglas!!!
That's some funny stuff right there!!!
Bravo!!
This should be in the joke of the day thread too.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Just an hour or so by Marine One from Mar-a-Lagos... what a great savings of taxpayer money (and precious Executive time) vs. schlepping on Air Force One to Willow Springs or Laguna Seca...
Certainly can get in about a baker's dozen worth of golf rounds.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Now hold on guys!! Just think how entertaining and well attended this year's Oscars would have been if the POTUS had decided to go. People would have lined up outside for days waiting to get in. Let him emcee and I would have been glued to the tube. And the ratings would have gone through the roof!
(I can only imagine how he would introduce winners.)
There would be more collisions than the NASCAR race, that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There were a ton of tickets unsold until the official confirmation came then sold out in <24 hours.

Certainly helped ailing NASCAR sell some tickets.

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
Hey look! A bloated Supra with 4 extra cylinders in the Xfinity series, cool! At least it really is a rwd platform on the street, that's closer than Toyota has been since they entered NASCAR. Sure would like to see the Challenger/Charger combo back in NASCAR...
Yes, I know there is nothing stock in stock car racing, but The Camaro and Mustang entries stay true to the spirit of the street cars. The Camry? Yeah, not so much. Unless it's the SE badboy... 😂 They do win, a lot, including the championship. Not sure how that translates with the old "win on Sunday sell on Monday" mantra with a Camry however.

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now that would be cool ...

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ Very cool indeed!! Better yet - have the Beast be the pace car!! ^^
I'd love to see that thing circle the track in triple digits. Show Putin and Kim Jung Un how to ride horses!
Do you know what's under the black paint ... a big butt truck chassis holding up the half-dozen tons of protection.

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
Nearly ten tons. 😮

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
So I just talked to Mom and Dad in Florida. They are near Champion's Gate I-4 and 27.

All day today traffic was backed up on 27 and all the local roads to get on I-4 to head Northeast ... and up to Daytona.

Quite the jam up given the distance to the coast and then north to Daytona.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts