Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 SS that recently started making a clunking sound when the driver's side power window reaches the bottom of the door. The other doors are next to silent. If anyone has experienced this, please advise a solution. I'm not against opening the door to look inside but I'd prefer to have some idea what to look for before I do.

·
Premium Member
Fixing My Own "SS"
345 Posts
Mine has done this on the passenger front since I've owned it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Mine does it on the ds front as well, 2014. Not getting worse and the window still goes up and down fine. Interested to hear what you find.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
If it is a window regulator, it is an easy swap. When mine have failed, the window normally drops and will not come back up.

·
Registered
2016 PBM Auto
151 Posts
I've owned a couple of Chevrolets before the SS and had power window problems on both. I feel comfortable saying Chevy makes a crappy power window system and do not look forward to the day the SS has problems. Keep us updated I'm sure this will bite a lot of people in the future.

·
Super Moderator
8,861 Posts
I've owned a couple of Chevrolets before the SS and had power window problems on both. I feel comfortable saying Chevy makes a crappy power window system and do not look forward to the day the SS has problems. Keep us updated I'm sure this will bite a lot of people in the future.
Owned Chevy's my whole life, never had a window problem. Besides, they tell me this is a Holden. ;)

Reactions: good2go

·
Registered
2015 PBM A6
36 Posts
Has to be more of a common issue with these cars. I currently have PS rear regulator out(window is up & locked). Both PS & DS fronts clunk when going up or down. Also DS front is slighty off angle when going up. Have to roll half way & adjust before completely going all the way up to get proper seal, fml... 😩

1 - 9 of 9 Posts