Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the DMV have a good reputation powder coating items such as wheels?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Look for some reviews of American Stripping in Manassas.

I have not used them for powder coating but they media blasted and epoxy coated my 65 mustang shell and did a great job. They also do powder coating.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you want to travel, there is a guy local to me (Delaware), he is very reasonable and does GREAT work. Delmarva Powder Coating. And I know he does shipping of items too.

Delmarva Powder Coating Greenwood DE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone in the DMV have a good reputation powder coating items such as wheels?
Fast SS, did you ever find someone to do your powder coating? I found Custom Functionz out of White Plains, MD, but was curious to see if you found anyone else.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been holding off, have not done it yet.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone looking for powder coating/paint and body work in Southern Maryland check out L&C Collision Repair on Irongate Road in Waldorf. Small independent shop that does excellent work. They powder coated the brembos on my '15 SS (from standard gray to red) and reapplied the brembo logo...ridiculous results...also removed rust from my brake rotor hubs and powder coated them to prevent rust. This guy knows what the hell he is doing and VERY reasonably priced.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I know I'm late but if you are still looking, check out NV Coatings in Chantilly. Needed new tires and was kicking around the idea of new wheels since I had the originals Plasti-Dipped (different story altogether) but couldn't decide what I wanted. I like the stock look but wanted something slightly different so powder coating was my only option. I got the tires from Tire Rack and brought them with me. The guys at NV Coatings mounted and balanced the tires after coating the wheels. Was nervous about choosing the color (brought a friend to help) but it looks amazing.

·
Registered
801 Posts
What is that color called? Looks like gunmetal with a hint of blue...
To be honest, I wish I knew the name of the color but you described it correctly. I went in looking for "black chrome" since it looked great on their website but I didn't like the sample color in person. On this, the blue only comes out when the sun hits it at the right angle. Pictures don't do it justice. Even the guy there at NV Coatings thought it looked great. Told me that most people just do flat or gloss black powder coating and every now and again someone will ask for a wild, off the wall color but hardly anyone goes for something that is subtle. I'm happy with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts