Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thought I'd ask this here rather than starting a new thread. Does any body know of a place that offers brake caliper exchanges when doing color changes? I have considered doing a color change on my '16 rotors but it's my daily driver and I don't have a spare vehicle to use during the downtime the car would be looking at if I removed them and sent them off somewhere to be painted/coated. I was wondering if anyone has the calipers in stock and could prep and ship a set with a core charge that could get refunded once my originals are sent back. Kind of a specific situation to be hoping for on a such a niche vehicle but thought it would be worth a shot. I suppose the other option would be to buy a second set on my own and get them painted and ready then sell the originals once removed...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It's been a while, but here are a couple more sets. One set in Electron Blue Pearl for my '05 GTO and the Candy Teal for my '57. That set received a light polish prior to powder. I've never polished anything by hand, that was awful, never again!

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have orange calipers too, hopefully that other guy doesn't have a blue, with black wheels.
The orange calipers were thrown down a stairwell by usps and never installed. I stripped them and ended up doing them yellow if I recall correctly. So you should be safe.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I just sent you a PM. Might be interested in getting calipers did my truck done.
PM replied. I don't have the access to powder coating equipment that I used to, these latest sets were done on our Christmas trip to the inlaws. I did a lot more, like an ac and alternator bracket for my belair, valve covers and a fast intake for the ss, a couple cups and koozies, etc.

I could do more projects in the future, I even bought another gun and a toaster oven. But the timing is way different since I don't have the "dedicated" facilities like at the inlaws. They even sold my 9'x4'x3.5' oven!

To follow up, here are a couple other pics of the blue calipers, and a teaser of the FAST in black starlight:

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Long time coming, home projects got in the way. Here are the blue ones installed on a filthy PBM on a cloudy day:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Illusion blue berg to replace my 4 piston in Illusion blue berg

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Some more calipers for ss owners, purple galaxy and Illusion rootbeer.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
'15 special for an ss owner... not a factory match, but a nice and durable alternative. So glossy...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Redo on the 15 special after fedex threw the others down a mountain. Also, some garage art... Jack's blue and prismatic universe

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I really like how the shape of the brembo calipers highlight with light. So, I picked up some "spare" brembos for more garage art. They're relatively cheap, usually because they're so faded or scratched the seller says they need to be "repainted". Fun fact, one of these is a Tesla model S caliper, which is almost identical to the ss or 10-15 camaro!

Motor vehicle Yellow Wood Automotive design Hood

I like to get creative with these, because they're garage art and it gives me a chance to exercise the limits. I have 4, here are my plans:

1. Pearl white with a black emblem and "glowbee" clear... it'll glow in the dark
2. Candy red pearl with a silver emblem and "baby rockstar" clear coat (sparkles)
3. Illusion rootbeer with a polished silver emblem, possibly a more elaborate emblem like flames?
4. TBD. This one I'm leaning toward a blue/green fade emblem under black and clear. Also toying with some ideas of colored accent lines if I do this on the gen6 camaro caliper.

Thoughts or suggestions on the 3rd and 4th? I have all of these powders, but if the right idea come along, I'd buy a powder to support the project.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts