Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the idler bracket and alternator bracket off of my 14 ss, cleaned, blasted and powder coated Illusion cherry. Amazing color, but I replaced it because I powder coated another black starlight to match my other engine components. This has not been installed since powder coating. $120 shipped, I'm in longview, TX.

See post 12 for info on the intake, 450 shipped for the intake and brackets.

Throttle body now available, it's red starlight. Very similar, but has a sparkle. Taken off my ss, it had about 12k miles on it. Add $200 to include it!
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Rim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,736 Posts
This is the idler bracket off of my 14 ss, cleaned, blasted and powder coated Illusion cherry. Amazing color, but I replaced it because I powder coated another black starlight to match my other engine components. This has not been installed since powder coating. $40 shipped, I'm in longview, TX.

View attachment 288166 View attachment 288167
Looks like some OCD thing' I would do. (y)

Reactions: rjcalif

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Damn, I was literally talking about powder coating parts yesterday lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, I was literally talking about powder coating parts yesterday lol
Well, this part is easy! A few bolts to take it off the head, a bolt to remove the pulley, a little cleaning and masking, coat it! Small and light enough to fit comfortably in the toaster oven I use for powder coating small parts and tumblers. Nothing like the 6 piston front calipers I'm about to do...

·
Registered
3,135 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Like. F that. I love what i see behind that
Yes, you’re correct - my emotions were not properly conveyed in my post...that **** is hot to death

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Updated with an alternator bracket to match! Give me enough time and everything on the front of your engine can be Illusion cherry lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well here we are, ls3 intake powder coated to match. Same color as the brackets, but the sun is setting and the intake is still hot, so pics in the sun are for another day. $450 if you buy the brackets as well!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump, I'm about to add an ls3 throttle body with 28k miles to this combo...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump, throttle body now available, fuel rails coming soon!
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Rim

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fuel rail available, it's prismatic universe and clear with a new fuel pressure gauge, $200
Wood Musical instrument Trigger Motor vehicle Gun barrel
Window Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I keep looking on Craigslist for an old electric oven so that I pull the trigger on a powder coating kit lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How in the world is this plastic intake powder coated? Very intrigued.
All hot flocked. Nylon 6 won't conduct electricity and melts around 420dgf. To do a nylon intake, you off gas around 350dgf on wood blocks for several minutes, then spray hot. It melts as it applies, so you have to be careful not to let the gun spit or apply too thick anywhere. I use a 350dgf clear, so the lower temp isn't a problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts