Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got to love idiots who feel they own the parking lots. Here is my first selection just took last weekend...

Good thing I had a hashed line to the left of the picture. I always park in that spot because you have a free 3 feet of space on the passenger side.

I will add some more photos as I find them in my camera roll.

·
Registered
638 Posts
So got to love idiots who feel they own the parking lots. Here is my first selection just took last weekend...

Good thing I had a hashed line to the left of the picture. I always park in that spot because you have a free 3 feet of space on the passenger side.

This is a decent thread idea. I seen a Camaro taking two spaces today but didn’t get a pic. I will next time I see some shenanigans.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Clear bra or whatever the owner had done looks crappy.

I always park in the "boonies" but there are still dangers like rogue shopping carts or inconsiderate folks that park real close next to you, even though you are "in the middle of nowhere".

For me personally, it works out for the best, I park way out, light a ciggy, and get some much needed excercize walking to my destination.

Parking lots in a general sense are a literal nightmare, it seems nobody has a clue about their surroundings, or one ounce of common courtesy.

No pictures to post at this time, but thought I'd express my 2 cents.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Week before i turned in my tdi jetta in the recall. Saw a chevy 3500 dually taking 4 spaces. I parked in one of them 4” from his drivers door. I was totally in one spot. What was he gonna do, ding my door? It was gone in 6 days

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I work for a construction company. Last summer while at a Costco I had my dump truck and trailer parked while doing some little odd and ends. This parking lot fills up and I wanted to be able to get out (I go to several projects a day) so I tossed a few cones in front of me to allow room to pull out. The pictures speak for themselves...
Wow is all I have to say!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Could take a walk through the parking garage at this first-world displaced persons camp that is deceivingly called 'luxury apartments' and post a dozen or more pics per day. The most common are the compact car that can't park at anything better than a 60deg angle into a 90deg space and the four-door Silverado pickup truck (used primarily as a grocery getter), that parks in the compact only spaces on the narrow turns between floors.

Nothing luxurious about some of the tenants here. Couple of days ago there were two parking spaces taken up by someone's take-out restaurant trash they carefully placed in two different spots, including a bag with a full container of something. Why do those types think it's up to someone else to pick up the trash they put on the ground 25 ft away from a dumpster? (I picked it up and instantly an SUV that had been circling the garage pulled into both of the spots.

·
Registered
420 Posts

Is the Lexus parked in an actual parking spot?

·
Registered
614 Posts
This was sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving. From the wide shot you can see we are in the boonies. The red SUV was already there so I staggered into the row behind.

Seriously think this person just wanted to be a jerk just to be one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
This happened to me on Friday.

I parked super far out, it was a nice day, plenty of other spots around. I walk out of the store, someone is parked RIGHT next to me. I was pissed. Luckily no damage or anything but still.

What goes through these peoples heads?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I've have decided that parking my vehicles in a parking lot with the don't give a **** about anything asshats has consumed me.

If you park your nice vehicle out in the boonies it draws attention to you and pisses said asshats off, they cant stand it and want to teach you a lesson about throwing your wealth around like that.
(mind you I have an SS and an 11 year old GMC truck)

If you park up close you will be next to the lazy fatass in a new filthy trashed two door Mercedes that will circle the lot for 10 min trying to find one spot closer to the Target front door. When they could have just parked and been in the store already. If this is not the case then it will be a soccer mom with two asshat kids in a Suburban that won't hang up her phone to park correctly or monitor the speed and force that the mini asshats open the door with. Door dings for everyone! and they all just asshat away like it didn't happen.

So every time I park in a lot of asshats I have to scan the area that is between the vigilante asshats and I don't give a **** asshats and there in the middle is the best parking spot. Not to far out and not at the door. It has to look like you just got the last space closest to the door and the empty spots next to you must have just freed up.

Geez, its exhausting trying to take care of my stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Hubby and I took the '70 to Ocean City one summer, went to their Expo and parked darn near in the freaking back of the parking lot. A lengthy walk from the spot to the door, but worth the effort. Or so we thought. Came out to a twit sitting ON THE LINE next to us.

Whilst this isn't in my G8 or remotely a "nice" vehicle... There were about six handicap parking spots open in the front of the building, at least TRY and get in your spot, my fault for deciding to be lazy and parking close. My driver's side tires were almost on the curb I was so far over... These are a big (selfish) reason why I parted with the SS. People suck.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
This happened to me on Friday.

I parked super far out, it was a nice day, plenty of other spots around. I walk out of the store, someone is parked RIGHT next to me. I was pissed. Luckily no damage or anything but still.

First of all, great looking car!
Second, I do the same thing and park out in the boon-docks when I go places.
Third, I don't blame you for being pissed; people nowadays suck, are selfish, arrogant, nasty and worst of all-stupid. Not everyone mind you, but I'm seeing it more and more. I've been self-employed my whole life and I'm so sick of dealing with these kinds of people that I'm doing everything I can to retire. Can't take it any more. I live in a relatively small town and it's gotten so bad around here that I literally get compliments on my children's good behavior out of the blue almost every week when I go to different places...i.e. the pharmacy, bank, lawyers office, gas station, coffee shop....and that's just last week. On one hand it makes me feel proud that my children always remember what their last name is and conduct themselves properly; but on the other it irritates me to no end what some people have become; and worse yet, how they raise their children to be just like them. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Years ago my wife and I went to a store where we were about to park way out when I noticed my dad's car parked way out. So we pulled in real tight next to his and waited in our car. It was a warm, summer night so we had the windows down. Soon my parents came out of the store and as they walked towards their car, we heard my dad say, "would you look at that, some idiot parked right on top of us. There's plenty of room to park elsewhere!" Then my mom says, "I think that's Jim's car." Then my dad says, Oh, you're right but I still stand by my comment." We all had a good laugh.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This was sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving. From the wide shot you can see we are in the boonies. The red SUV was already there so I staggered into the row behind.

Seriously think this person just wanted to be a jerk just to be one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
this kind of thing makes me so mad! Makes me want to slash the tires on that truck.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Nothing goes through the heads of these mindless lemmings. They're simply more comfortable around other cars. 'Oh, someone parked way out here? Must be a good reason so I'll park right next to him to be safe.'

Same reason cars will stay side by side for miles down the interstate, they feel safer in the company of others. Cars drive in packs and park in packs.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
So every time I park in a lot of asshats I have to scan the area that is between the vigilante asshats and I don't give a **** asshats and there in the middle is the best parking spot. Not to far out and not at the door. It has to look like you just got the last space closest to the door and the empty spots next to you must have just freed up.

Geez, its exhausting trying to take care of my stuff.
You nailed it. This is the exact same approach I take. It works most of the time. But it is extremely exhausting mentally. There are some parking lots I just know I have to avoid at certain times on certain days because there will be no suitable spots (plenty of spots just none I can use).

It's always so liberating to pull into a parking lot in my wife's car. I think, oh yeah, I don't need to worry about that today. I mean, I still scan for a good spot but it's not "do or die".

I've gone out to run an errand in my car and come home empty handed, more than once, because I couldn't find a suitable parking spot. It's a sickness, I know.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts