Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
There can be no question as to whom this SS, seen in Texas, belongs.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did a road trip last month and visited four National Parks. Didn't occur to me to get pics of the White Lion at the first two: Guadalupe Mountains and Carlsbad Caverns.

Mesa Verde National Park
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

I strongly recommend a ranger guided tour down into one of the cliff dwellings. We visited the Long House site. Learning how the inhabitants adapted and trying to imagine their lives 900 years ago is quite an experience.
NB: You're at 7200 ft elevation and the 1/4 mile trail up is about a 10% grade.
Cliff dwelling Bedrock Landscape Formation Outcrop

It was lunch time when we came up from visiting Long House. We had a picnic lunch, the K-tollah was hungry (uh-oh) but I didn't want to eat at a crowded pavilion where people were changing babies on the tables with their dogs eyeing what folks were eating. Asked the ranger to suggest a picnic spot with a view and shade, ranger suggested the old WPA campground from the 1930's. It overlooks a canyon and no one goes there, but it's about an hour drive. Well, there wasn't much traffic in the park, I have a radar detector, a ravenous wife, and an urge to make time. The White Lion validated it's really a sports car, not a 4000lb sedan, it was stunning how well it handled on those twisty roads. We made the campground in 25 minutes. We had the place to ourselves and had a very fine picnic lunch.
Tire Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

More to come.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Glad you brought detector. Park Rangers at Guadalupe Mountains National Park run RADAR in their white Dodge Chargers from top of the pass to Mckittrick Canyon Road gate on 62/180.

• Wow
Reactions: wilkin4

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I have been to just about all national parks in the lower 48, and Mesa Verde is one of my favorites...

Great pics, and narrative.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts