Chevy SS Forum banner
1,561 - 1,580 of 1,610 Posts
Reactions: 15SuperSport
View attachment 294147

Arrived on my door step yesterday; I had to tell them it was for my 1965 or older vehicle to get it shipped here. 😂 Solid rocker assembly to upgrade those trunions and hardened pushrods. Should be the last pieces I needed to start my next project ( more on that later .. 🤐 )
I have those same rockers. Love em!

Reactions: dDUBb
Bought an Autometer Hoonigan air gauge. I'm tired of the Slime gauges that don't seem to last very long.
Our TPMS is handy but it's not accurate, mine usually reads a pound or two low. So I rely on a quality air guage, until I figured out that I was running a lower pressure than I like.
So I upgraded to Slime 'Pro-Series'. It was fine for about two years, then one day (according to my TPMS) my tires were dramatically over-inflated. After figuring out that one runs about 4lbs low and the other about 3lbs high I could keep my pressure correct, but it was a PITA. There's no way to repair the Slime gauges so they go into the garbage (where they belong).

We'll see how well this new Hoonigan gauge works. BTW, all three of these have a bleeder valve and hold the pressure until you release.
Light Gauge Measuring instrument Vehicle Gas

Bought an Autometer Hoonigan air gauge. I'm tired of the Slime gauges that don't seem to last very long.
Our TPMS is handy but it's not accurate, mine usually reads a pound or two low. So I rely on a quality air guage, until I figured out that I was running a lower pressure than I like.
So I upgraded to Slime 'Pro-Series'. It was fine for about two years, then one day (according to my TPMS) my tires were dramatically over-inflated. After figuring out that one runs about 4lbs low and the other about 3lbs high I could keep my pressure correct, but it was a PITA. There's no way to repair the Slime gauges so they go into the garbage (where they belong).

We'll see how well this new Hoonigan gauge works. BTW, all three of these have a bleeder valve and hold the pressure until you release.
View attachment 294735
Another 'been there and done that.' I had similar issues, so a few years back, I picked up one of those seemingly overpriced gauges, and sure enough, the darn thing' is accurate. So I find that my 'Longacre' will run within 1lb +/- of faithful to TPMS. I like that AutoMeter as well.👍

Orange Amber Audio equipment Gadget Wood

So I just picked up the 2 blacked out trim pieces for the front of the 2015 and was super lucky several weeks ago to buy a set of near perfect blacked out trim for the fog lights that are no longer available. Going for all of the window trim now but $750 is a bit pricey.

Reactions: Busta
So I just picked up the 2 blacked out trim pieces for the front of the 2015 and was super lucky several weeks ago to buy a set of near perfect blacked out trim for the fog lights that are no longer available. Going for all of the window trim now but $750 is a bit pricey.
Unless the price went up, I believe that's $750AU which is $531USD today... I bought a set from JHP a couple months back and it was just under $600 with tax...

Look at the quantity available. I dont think they will make more. When originalparts, holden usa, and jhp cant find them to sell you're stuck looking on gumtree and AU salvage yards... this post probably sold the last 3... lol. Sorry

Unless the price went up, I believe that's $750AU which is $531USD today... I bought a set from JHP a couple months back and it was just under $600 with tax...
I’d say prices have gone way up

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Line

Working on a refresh now that the note is done. Headlamps somewhere between Melbourne and customs. And pulled the trigger on fresh bits for grill.

Rectangle Font Circle Paper product Number

First post to sight, been reading and getting notices for 6 months. Have had a 2017 SS bought in June 2020. Last summer tinted windows and new Michelin Pilots that do not disappoint. Oh, and replaced the Coolant cap per other thread notification. No Cool Holden stuff, not sure if I am going to go there.

It hurt some cost wise, but they look amazing and I haven't even installed them yet. High praise for JHP. Shipping was extremely fast and they were packaged very well. Also got a surprise when I was inspecting the taillights. The new taillights seem to include the "revised" rear bumper brackets.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Grille
Packing materials Shipping box Package delivery Wood Packaging and labeling
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Attachments

in case you don't know about the different connector used on RHD vs LHD Commodore. This was helpful when I did my Aussie styled tail lamps;

It hurt some cost wise, but they look amazing and I haven't even installed them yet. High praise for JHP. Shipping was extremely fast and they were packaged very well. Also got a surprise when I was inspecting the taillights. The new taillights seem to include the "revised" rear bumper brackets.

View attachment 295412 View attachment 295414 View attachment 295415

Packages arrived today. Ordered 3 weeks apart from each other and arrived on same day..😎
I can confirm that Holmart is shipping the real deal stuff. And I saved $110 compared to gmdirect. Also snagged another set of headlamp housings from obsolete. Thinking about driving this year for visit to Caly, so I'll wait till after to do resto.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Brickwork Motor vehicle

Package delivery Shipping box Packing materials Wood Relocation

Reactions: dDUBb
1,561 - 1,580 of 1,610 Posts