Chevy SS Forum banner
1501 - 1520 of 1525 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Thanks .. I swear I bought them before the "Choose Wisely" thread was posted.
‘14-‘15 Alcoas (?) power coated or did they come that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The title!

Sent off the payoff check for that bad boy

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires in factory sizes

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,731 Posts
Set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires in factory sizes

I would like to know your thoughts on how they handle. Also, what did they replace. I have a set in my shopping cart, but I'm on the fence. I had horrible luck with the PS2’s and Super Sports’ in regards to balancing and more. Could have been my 2007 Passat, and little to do with tires. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I would like to know your thoughts on how they handle. Also, what did they replace. I have a set in my shopping cart, but I'm on the fence. I had horrible luck with the PS2’s and Super Sports’ in regards to balancing and more. Could have been my 2007 Passat, and little to do with tires. 🤷‍♂️
The Pilot Sport 4 tires handle excellent for casual driving or at the track. I am running the PS4 factory sizes currently - but looking at going to 255/285s on Sport Cup 2 tires for my new wheels, track only, on the other hand, I'm also tempted to run the PS4 in the wider size on the new wheels and not worry about swapping. 🤔 just a thought.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Got my new QuickJack 5000TL assembled just in time for Hurricane (nee' Tropical Storm) Nicholas to come visit. The caveat is instead of shipping the frame extensions I ordered they shipped a second right frame. Fed-Ex says the necessary frame extentions will be here Monday and the storm gets here Tuesday...fingers crossed.

I bought this lift primarily to lift the White Lion out of harm's way in case of another flood. We got 22" of water in the house during Hurricane Harvey, the worst rainfall ever recorded in mainland USA. With some of the flood improvement work that's been done in my area it's unlikely we'll see that type of flooding in my 'hood.
A four-post lift is too wide for my garage (well it would make it more difficult for Krakatollah to get in and out of her car and she ain't gonna have none of that.) A double stacker two-car lift would work but I can't spend the $12k to get one installed. The Kwik-Lift requires a forklift for delivery so nope, plus it's a huge chunk of metal on the garage floor. A QuickJack didn't lift high enough, then they released the new TL which lifts 3" higher than the SLX, so I should be able to get about 24-26" up. Better than nothing.

I was hesitant to be an early adopter of a new model anything, but our peak hurricane season was coming so I ordered this lift when they became available in late July. They were supposed to ship in 1-2 days which was exciting because @ESindon would have been here to help and prolly slap that thing together in 1/10th the time it took me. It shipped late because they were holding it for 'quality testing'. To my chagrin, they didn't do a good job of quality inspection on the female quick release hose fittings. One had such a poorly finished thread I couldn't consumate the mating of it with the male fitting on the long hose. Two other of those same fittings required a bit of filing to be able to turn the collar to get it past the lock pin.

At least it's now together, all I need are the frame extensions. Tomorrow night, depending on the weather forecast, the SS may get jacked up. TBD.

Tire Motor vehicle Line Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
7,780 Posts
Got my new QuickJack 5000TL assembled just in time for Hurricane (nee' Tropical Storm) Nicholas to come visit. The caveat is instead of shipping the frame extensions I ordered they shipped a second right frame. Fed-Ex says the necessary frame extentions will be here Monday and the storm gets here Tuesday...fingers crossed.

I bought this lift primarily to lift the White Lion out of harm's way in case of another flood. We got 22" of water in the house during Hurricane Harvey, the worst rainfall ever recorded in mainland USA. With some of the flood improvement work that's been done in my area it's unlikely we'll see that type of flooding in my 'hood.
A four-post lift is too wide for my garage (well it would make it more difficult for Krakatollah to get in and out of her car and she ain't gonna have none of that.) A double stacker two-car lift would work but I can't spend the $12k to get one installed. The Kwik-Lift requires a forklift for delivery so nope, plus it's a huge chunk of metal on the garage floor. A QuickJack didn't lift high enough, then they released the new TL which lifts 3" higher than the SLX, so I should be able to get about 24-26" up. Better than nothing.

I was hesitant to be an early adopter of a new model anything, but our peak hurricane season was coming so I ordered this lift when they became available in late July. They were supposed to ship in 1-2 days which was exciting because @ESindon would have been here to help and prolly slap that thing together in 1/10th the time it took me. It shipped late because they were holding it for 'quality testing'. To my chagrin, they didn't do a good job of quality inspection on the female quick release hose fittings. One had such a poorly finished thread I couldn't consumate the mating of it with the male fitting on the long hose. Two other of those same fittings required a bit of filing to be able to turn the collar to get it past the lock pin.

At least it's now together, all I need are the frame extensions. Tomorrow night, depending on the weather forecast, the SS may get jacked up. TBD.

View attachment 292553

Wondering if you got the final piece of the puzzle and elevated the White Lion.?.

Reactions: good2go and wilkin4

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

View attachment 292553
Been looking at these like crazy the past few days. The price of the MaxJax went up quite a bit and the BendPak Grand Prix will turn my garage into a 1 car - so for the price, I too believe the QuickJack is better than nothing. I’ll wait a few more weeks to make sure I get no more surprises - like my 220V A/C crapping out on me this past weekend

I also need a new shed.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Wondering if you got the final piece of the puzzle and elevated the White Lion.?.
The piece arrived Monday, just before the storm. Didn't lift the car (it's a hassle) because the storm started tracking east and left us on the 'clean' side of it. We had very little rain and about 50mph winds. Power transformers last night sounded like popcorn popping, lot's of cool blue and green flashes in the sky. My backup generator didn't need to kick in. All is good.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I’m replacing stock bridgestones. I was having more wheel spin than I could tolerate even when new with those. Traction (dry & wet) is better with the ps4s
Replaced: Stock Bridgestones
impression:
Dry traction is better with PS4S
Wet traction is WAY better with PS4S (I got stuck in the rain on the way home, the SS usually never sees rain)
Ride quality is slightly softer with PS4S
Seem slightly wider than stockers
looks like they will protect the wheel from curbing better
have not had them to their limit yet while cornering aggressively
no more spinning when taking off from red lights aggressively
they just grip so well
VERY PLEASED

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,731 Posts
I’m replacing stock bridgestones. I was having more wheel spin than I could tolerate even when new with those. Traction (dry & wet) is better with the ps4s

Replaced: Stock Bridgestones
impression:
Dry traction is better with PS4S
Wet traction is WAY better with PS4S (I got stuck in the rain on the way home, the SS usually never sees rain)
Ride quality is slightly softer with PS4S
Seem slightly wider than stockers
looks like they will protect the wheel from curbing better
have not had them to their limit yet while cornering aggressively
no more spinning when taking off from red lights aggressively
they just grip so well
VERY PLEASED
Thanks, I needed some more hand-holding on deciding to click the mouse. I have these in my shopping cart, but I couldn't bring myself to complete the purchase. I'm still suffering PTSD from my last set of Pilot Sport's and, previously, the PS2s'. They were horrible on my '07 Passat; impossible to keep balanced, inside tire molestation, and pulled in every direction except straight. With multiple balancing techniques, realignments, and a new plastic Jesus on my dash, nothing helped. I think I'm the only guy that has ever written that Mitchlen's high-performance tires were overrated. I will likely order these fairly soon or hopefully when the $70 rebate comes back.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Thanks, I needed some more hand-holding on deciding to click the mouse. I have these in my shopping cart, but I couldn't bring myself to complete the purchase. I'm still suffering PTSD from my last set of Pilot Sport's and, previously, the PS2s'. They were horrible on my '07 Passat; impossible to keep balanced, inside tire molestation, and pulled in every direction except straight. With multiple balancing techniques, realignments, and a new plastic Jesus on my dash, nothing helped. I almost had to join the witness protection program after posting my scathing review on 'TireRack. I think I'm the only guy that has ever written that Mitchlen's high-performance tires were overrated. I will likely order these fairly soon or hopefully when the $70 rebate comes back.
@good2go is correct. The $70 rebates are periodically available, along with other sales. @Discount Tire regularly posts on this forum when these sales come around.

Reactions: SaberOne

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
1501 - 1520 of 1525 Posts