Chevy SS Forum banner
1481 - 1500 of 1528 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 SS Auto
47 Posts
I love mine from TwistedWrenchGrills, but I have a strong recommendation. Before you go to the bathroom and pee or brush your teeth, take it to the nearest film shop and have 'Invisible Bra' material applied to all surface sections, e.g., crossbar and surrounds.'
Thanks for the heads-up!

I actually had PPF/Clear Bra done from bumper to A-Pillars before I made the grille swap. The trim pieces were re-used so are still protected, but not the new crossbar piece and surrounds. I figured I'd get around to having the new surfaces done eventually. Well it sounds like sooner is better than later.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,736 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up!

I actually had PPF/Clear Bra done from bumper to A-Pillars before I made the grille swap. The surrounds were re-used so are still protected, but not the new crossbar piece. I figured I'd get around to having the new surfaces done eventually. Well it sounds like sooner is better than later.
Yeah, that whole '...done eventually' is what bit me in the a**. :(
Like you, I had quite a bit of my SS covered with 'Invisible Bra' soon after I purchased the SS back in 2017. I guess I just took too much for granted with the new grill. My MS has been acting up, so when I finally looked more closely at the grill, it was too late.

Reactions: rocinante

·
Premium Member
2017 SS Auto
47 Posts
Yeah, that whole '...done eventually' is what bit me in the a**. :(
Well I took care of it. I had the guys who did the original clearbra work do the grill. They said it was a big PITA because of all the angles/surfaces, but they got it done and did not charge me an arm and a leg. I can breathe easier now knowing it's protected.

Thanks for the heads-up on that!

·
Registered
95 Posts
My local shop ordered the Kooks with cats for me a few months ago.

They were supposed to be here next week. Now I'm being told October. 🤬:poop:

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Time to inspect valve train soon. I ordered billet rocker stands, and a notch longer push rods. Running Comp 1.8 Ultra Pro Magnum rockers with minimum preload for 4 years now. Want to see if adding .025 will quiet things down a bit under there before I install LT's. And since I was $2.00 under free shipping I threw in a set of front end links, lol. Can never be to prepared, next month more ammo.

Reactions: willy92

·
Registered
3,135 Posts

Been meaning to grab one like 3 builds ago lol

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Any benefit of the TFS one over a regular LS2 OEM one?
Is that one like the LS2? If so, I’d say nah, just didn’t feel like searching past what I knew I was looking for.

If it’s like the LS2 is like the LS3 one, I broke a couple and ain’t interested in continuing on that trend lol.

I’ve never had an LS2, only a couple 1s, 3 and 5.3 iron truck

·
Registered
3,135 Posts

To go with my Mighty Mouse catch can - since it doesn’t use the valley cover PCV port.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I stumbled across this set before the COVID price increase.

STRUT KIT - SOFTER VERSION

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
This Whiteline (BHR95) 27mm solid steel Rear Sway Bar arrived on 3 September 2021. It's a hefty 22-ish pound bar. The kit came in a factory WL plastic bag wrapped in foam, stuffed in a doubled-sealed cardboard box.

The bushings are rubber, and the brackets are heavy gauge steel and appear to be zinc plated. The bar is painted metallic silver, albeit a few nicks. I can't tell if it's powder-coated, but it will be. You also get a sheet of bling' stickers for those that like that sort of thing'. Overall, I'm impressed with the heavy build, mounting hardware, packaging, and shipping.

I typically prefer driving in 'Track' mode whenever practical because I like the increased lateral stability in the curves. Hopefully, this bar will fit well, reduce body roll, and not unleash any negative surprises. 🤞

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: wilkin4 and dDUBb

·
Premium Member
596 Posts

Nothing out of the ordinary .. Factory forged wheels. Looking for a set of tires. 😎

ATI Harmonic Balancer and ARP bolt
GM valve cover gaskets and cabin air filter
Spare tire jack kit
The other boxes are full of various hoses and other items .. 🤔

Still looking for a trunion upgrade / or shaft mounted rocker assembly.

·
Super Moderator
7,871 Posts
View attachment 292411

Nothing out of the ordinary .. Factory forged wheels. Looking for a set of tires. 😎

ATI Harmonic Balancer and ARP bolt
GM valve cover gaskets and cabin air filter
Spare tire jack kit
The other boxes are full of various hoses and other items .. 🤔

Still looking for a trunion upgrade / or shaft mounted rocker assembly.
Man that looks good

Reactions: dDUBb
1481 - 1500 of 1528 Posts