Chevy SS Forum banner
1481 - 1485 of 1485 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 SS Auto
47 Posts
I love mine from TwistedWrenchGrills, but I have a strong recommendation. Before you go to the bathroom and pee or brush your teeth, take it to the nearest film shop and have 'Invisible Bra' material applied to all surface sections, e.g., crossbar and surrounds.'
Thanks for the heads-up!

I actually had PPF/Clear Bra done from bumper to A-Pillars before I made the grille swap. The trim pieces were re-used so are still protected, but not the new crossbar piece and surrounds. I figured I'd get around to having the new surfaces done eventually. Well it sounds like sooner is better than later.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,647 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up!

I actually had PPF/Clear Bra done from bumper to A-Pillars before I made the grille swap. The surrounds were re-used so are still protected, but not the new crossbar piece. I figured I'd get around to having the new surfaces done eventually. Well it sounds like sooner is better than later.
Yeah, that whole '...done eventually' is what bit me in the a**. :(
Like you, I had quite a bit of my SS covered with 'Invisible Bra' soon after I purchased the SS back in 2017. I guess I just took too much for granted with the new grill. My MS has been acting up, so when I finally looked more closely at the grill, it was too late.

Reactions: rocinante

·
Premium Member
2017 SS Auto
47 Posts
Yeah, that whole '...done eventually' is what bit me in the a**. :(
Well I took care of it. I had the guys who did the original clearbra work do the grill. They said it was a big PITA because of all the angles/surfaces, but they got it done and did not charge me an arm and a leg. I can breathe easier now knowing it's protected.

Thanks for the heads-up on that!

·
Registered
85 Posts
My local shop ordered the Kooks with cats for me a few months ago.

They were supposed to be here next week. Now I'm being told October. 🤬:poop:

1481 - 1485 of 1485 Posts