Chevy SS Forum banner

1461 - 1477 of 1477 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Whenever possible, I try to buy items directly from the manufacture to avoid the middle-man variables. In most cases, the parts are drop-shipped anyway, so I don't see any tangible benifit of paying a third party.
MAP is the benefit. Manufacturers have a set MAP and venders compete to have a better price. That’s the only benefit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Whenever possible, I try to buy items directly from the manufacture to avoid the middle-man variables. In most cases, the parts are drop-shipped anyway, so I don't see any tangible benifit of paying a third party.
Absolutely. 100% drop shipped, especially SS parts, not many people stocking the shelves with them. The benefit in this case was several hundred dollars compared to Kooks. Which now shows why. Doubt Kooks would of matched 1800ish Coated. Looking at their Facebook reviews, my results do not appear unusual. Gives me time to figure out a tuner in the DMV area I guess? Getting closer to summer and car events without parts is a miss.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Found a cowl grill set after scraping the part yards for 2 days. Setting them aside since I foresee no new cars in my near future. Was down to calling any yard that looked to be parting out an SS. Noticed our car is labelled Caprice SS in the salvage world...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Road Force balanced?
Back to shaking...need to find a second set of front tires to narrow the problem down. If it continues - not the new tires, if it stops, tire/wheel issue still...SO MUCH FUN.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Well the Cowl grill arrived today. It came in really good shape with only a couple small scuffs and a tiny crack on the passenger side where the hinge puts up a fight removing and installing. I washed with detergent and put magic eraser to the oxidation. And treated it with the black poop before putting in store.
I'm going to share this stuff i use because it has worked well for 16 months without retreating yet. You can see the little spot I missed in second pic, this is after 16 months. Only con was it was sticky after application for a couple weeks.

Shout out to Parts Farm for double check and found parts from 600 cars ago"lol". Here is the used pieces after cleaning and a shot of the vinyl treatment for anyone that cares. It's not cheep but it lasting
long enough to mention. I have already replaced both sides once because of weathering. In hind sight
wish I saved them now that their discontinued...

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Well the Cowl grill arrived today. It came in really good shape with only a couple small scuffs and a tiny crack on the passenger side where the hinge puts up a fight removing and installing. I washed with detergent and put magic eraser to the oxidation. And treated it with the black poop before putting in store.
I'm going to share this stuff i use because it has worked well for 16 months without retreating yet. You can see the little spot I missed in second pic, this is after 16 months. Only con was it was sticky after application for a couple weeks.

View attachment 289442 View attachment 289443

Shout out to Parts Farm for double check and found parts from 600 cars ago"lol". Here is the used pieces after cleaning and a shot of the vinyl treatment for anyone that cares. It's not cheep but it lasting
long enough to mention. I have already replaced both sides once because of weathering. In hind sight
wish I saved them now that their discontinued...

View attachment 289444 View attachment 289445
I used that on the cladding for an avalanche I had. The grey one. It’s all in the prep for it to last. Good stuff

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
I used that on the cladding for an avalanche I had. The grey one. It’s all in the prep for it to last. Good stuff
One of the guys at work just treated his Avalanche, he bought the small bottle 1 oz. and got 1 side and the tailgate. I gave him a portion of my 12 oz to finish...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
4.130 Turbo Tuff Manley pistons, so I’m told, LOL.

Time to update my thread title again

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,609 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Damn, missed the typo

Summit!

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,609 Posts
4.130 Turbo Tuff Manley pistons, so I’m told, LOL.

Time to update my thread title again
You should receive an award for the most modded SS on the forum. 🏆

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
You should receive an award for the most modded SS on the forum.
I dunno if doing the same mods over and over again counts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
LS7 head gaskets

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Ordered a pair of spare Roto-Fab filters from Summit. One for the SS and one for my FJ (ironically, its K&N element is the exact same size, just a lot more expensive than the Roto-Fab filters). Didn't get to the $99 total for free shipping, so added a 3-bolt cam sprocket, LS2-style chain guide and bolts for the sprocket.

1461 - 1477 of 1477 Posts