Chevy SS Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1477 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't going to tune. I just wanted to see some factors like my air fuel ratio, boost, etc. for my own curiosity, so I was thinking of adding some sensors and gauges. I'm not wanting to override Lingenfelter, but they said "if you notice things going squirrely in the next 3 years let us know".
All of which can be done with an app and the obdlink mx+. No need to run wires or anything. Super easy to use and plethora of apps on both platforms. All for 100 bucks. Honestly you don’t need to look at AFR from a wideband. Only for tuning. Pay attention to boost, KR, IAT, manifold temp or IAT2 and o2 voltage for b1 and b2 s1. This is more important than AFR with wideband. Once it’s set in the tune it’s fine. the short term and long term trims use the top two sensors to fine tune the commanded AFR. If those are bad and not fluctuating then something is wrong. They should almost always fluctuate from 80mv-980mv over and over again. Spend the money on the stuff I just said instead of the wideband. It’s better spent there.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,592 Posts
I've got one, even for my SRX, with a tune!

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,609 Posts

ALTERNATOR REVIEW
The stock 140-Amp alternator served me well until I started adding more electrical accessories. Before DC Power Engineering came out with a 270-Amp unit, the PPV 170-Amp alternator was the only upgrade I could find. It was cost-effective, but it was on backorder, so I decided to give the 270 a try. It includes a Denso Hairpin 6-Phase 138mm Stator with a Denso 12 Diode Rectifier and Decoupler. With a new battery, a new set of pulleys and belts, the project is complete.

21-Day Monitored Results from DIC
  1. AC Delco OEM 760 CCA charged 48 hours on a CTEK MXS 12V/25AMP Charger
  2. Engine Idle: DIC Displayed 12.5 w/full Headlights @ low-beam, AC, Radar Detector, USB Car Charger, Radio, OnStar WiFi - On
  3. Engine Idle for 10 minutes with DIC showing 12.8
  4. After 5 minutes of driving @ 1800 RPM, DIC steadily increased to 13.8~9
  5. On day 20, the battery was not placed on the charger. On day 21, the vehicle was driven 200 miles on the I-8 freeway @ 83-MPH @99º near sea level. In the first 5 minutes, the voltage displayed 12.4 and steadily increased to 13.1. After 10 minutes, the voltage increased to 14.5 for 2 minutes, then steadily decreased to 13.8~9 and held. On the return 200-mile leg of the road trip, the DIC displayed 13.8~9 with no appreciable deviation.
Miles: 44K
  1. GATES 90K38328A (ALT BELT & PULLY KIT) $127
  2. GATES K040438 (ACCESSORY DRIVE BELT) $8.00
  3. *ACDELCO BATTERY: 48AGM (88864541) $212
  4. DC PWR ALT: 270 ALTERNATOR + BILLET BACK $679
  5. INSTALLATION: $300
*Parts acquired through DC PWR, Rock Auto, and Chevy dealer. Links provided representative of parts used.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Ok, I picked up an MX+ and have started using it. Great tool. Thanks for the tip!
If you have android phone or tablet you can use the torque pro app and make your own gauge displays to show anything you want. It also logs.

·
Registered
217 Posts
View attachment 289106
The stock 140-Amp alternator served me well until I started adding more electrical accessories. Before DC Power Engineering came out with a 270-Amp unit, the PPV 170-Amp alternator was the only upgrade I could find. Being relatively cost-effective, I wanted one, but it was on backorder, so I decided to give the 270 a try. It includes a Denso Hairpin 6-Phase 138mm Stator with a Denso 12 Diode Rectifier and Decoupler. With a new battery, a new set of pulleys and belts, the project is complete.
Ooooo any feedback on it? I'm interested.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
If you have android phone or tablet you can use the torque pro app and make your own gauge displays to show anything you want. It also logs.
iPhone version is DashCommand, but same same, works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
iPhone version is DashCommand, but same same, works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can’t use my phone for that while driving. That’s for Waze/cops. I have an old android tablet I’m using for now but might get a newer one because of the screen brightness during the day and my glasses are polarized.

·
Registered
85 Posts
New ECS mounted - bad shake in the steering...got them rebalanced....better but still shaking. Nowhere near as smooth as before. Just fantastic. Will clean the inside of the barrels and hub, hope it goes away. Frustrating.

·
Super Moderator
7,380 Posts
New ECS mounted - bad shake in the steering...got them rebalanced....better but still shaking. Nowhere near as smooth as before. Just fantastic. Will clean the inside of the barrels and hub, hope it goes away. Frustrating.
Road Force balanced?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Can’t use my phone for that while driving. That’s for Waze/cops. I have an old android tablet I’m using for now but might get a newer one because of the screen brightness during the day and my glasses are polarized.

View attachment 289113
My iPad fits nicely in that same place but it's difficult to keep it in place, especially if I get into the gas so much as moderately.
I'm using Autometer, it's okay but I doubt the accuracy of some of the data.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
My iPad fits nicely in that same place but it's difficult to keep it in place, especially if I get into the gas so much as moderately.
I'm using Autometer, it's okay but I doubt the accuracy of some of the data.
I plan on putting scotch tape in my center console. Add a piece every time I use it. The 3m one.

the accuracy is why I didn’t buy that. Someone on Facebook told me they used it and switched to something different.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
For those running the OBDLink, just note that they don't always play nicely with our cars and can wreak havoc on the electronics. If you start getting all kinds of funky stuff happening, unplug the unit, as that is the problem. I'll plug mine in occasionally for a spot check on parameters, but won't leave it plugged in anymore.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Still waiting on Headers....Since November. How nice of the vendor to give me meaningless and wrong updates, lose my order, and never give updates unless I contact them first. Avoid CSP.

Reactions: SaberOne

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Still waiting on Headers....Since November. How nice of the vendor to give me meaningless and wrong updates, lose my order, and never give updates unless I contact them first. Avoid CSP.
This sounds vaguely similar to a particular supplier of old who used to be big here. :rolleyes:
Hopefully, history is not repeating.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Whenever possible, I try to buy items directly from the manufacture to avoid the middle-man variables. In most cases, the parts are drop-shipped anyway, so I don't see any tangible benefit of paying a third party. In some cases, I receive a discount dealing with the vendor direct versus a third-party —just depends.

1441 - 1460 of 1477 Posts