Chevy SS Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1444 Posts

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,558 Posts
Nothing to write home about, but at least it does have the vent port(s). 💁‍♂️
Install went fairly well after charging the battery on my trusty ⚡CTEK⚡.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Finally got a chance to briefly test my new 285 PS4 rears, I couldn't believe the difference with how well they hooked up. I had been thinking I was getting a bit jaded about how hard my car acclerates but boy howdy, I was wide-eyed (and delightfully terrified) at how well they put the power down.
You're gonna love 'em. Now I gotta test them in some turns and see if there's any noticeable sidewall flex with this tire on my stock rims.
I'm looking forward to your posting on how well they corner. My Conti' DW06's are nearing end-stage. I'm planning to buy the DW06+ due to the lighter weight and proven track record. Even so, the PS4's are tempting. Maybe even w/295's

Reactions: iratollah

·
Registered
208 Posts
Four replacement door speakers from crutchfield one of the back ones popped so I'm gonna replace all four

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I'm looking forward to your posting on how well they corner. My Conti' DW06's are nearing end-stage. I'm planning to buy the DW06+ due to the lighter weight and proven track record. Even so, the PS4's are tempting. Maybe even w/295's
Good reminder. Just ordered 255/285 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s for the car from Discount Tire. I'll give some feedback in comparison to the Continental ExtremeContact Sports once I've run them for a bit.

The 4s is supposedly better all around, and I'm hoping that holds true. My only concern is how the 4s does in the rain once worn down. My current Contis are incredible in the wet, even with sub-2/32" tread.

Oh yeah, also bought some Adam's Leather Cleaner to go with the Leather Conditioner I already have.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Nothing to write home about, but at least it does have the vent port(s).
Say, for those that have already swapped out their battery, is it enough to loosen the terminal top nut? I noticed the factory terminals' side bolt/nut is a shallow profile design. It looks like a PITA to capture and loosen without screwing it up.
View attachment 288673
Yes, top bolt will get the terminals off

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
If you don't mind sharing . . . Which wideband did you go with (and why), and do you monitor just one or both banks?
Aem 30-0334, because I’m cheap. One bank because I’m cheap. I don’t want to pay for pro either in hptuners because I’m cheap. I’ll cheap out wherever I can and spend where I have to. Plus canbus is faster than rs232 so it’s refresh rate is much faster.

also if I cannot find an adequate gauge pod that doesn’t look like pure garbage it’ll be a temp thing for tuning then it’s coming out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Aem 30-0334, because I’m cheap. One bank because I’m cheap. I don’t want to pay for pro either in hptuners because I’m cheap. I’ll cheap out wherever I can and spend where I have to. Plus canbus is faster than rs232 so it’s refresh rate is much faster.

also if I cannot find an adequate gauge pod that doesn’t look like pure garbage it’ll be a temp thing for tuning then it’s coming out.
I have the same one and mounted it in my glove box with a cheap Amazon mount. Didn't want to look at it 24/7.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Nothing to write home about, but at least it does have the vent port(s). 💁‍♂️
Install went fairly well after charging the battery on my trusty ⚡CTEK⚡.

View attachment 288673
If I might ask...what did that run you from a dealer???...I have been looking around and the H6/48 AGM from Walmart...the EverStart Maxx AGM appears to be the same case with the same CCA, CA, RC, and Ah...it is $154.77 currently...

Bill

Reactions: SaberOne

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
If I might ask...what did that run you from a dealer???...I have been looking around, and the H6/48 AGM from Walmart...the EverStart Maxx AGM appears to be the same case with the same CCA, CA, RC, and Ah...it is $154.77 currently...

Bill
$214.64 + $13.xx Tax.
I live in a small town, so my options are few. Sure, I could've gone to Walmart or Sam's Club, but frankly, I didn't want to mess with the crowds or experience any nuance surprises when I went to install it. The folks at the local dealership where I purchased the car know me well. I have health issues, so they placed it in the trunk, so I didn't have to fool with it —same on the core return. Most importantly, if the battery takes a premature dump, I don't have to get into any pissing contest. I ordered the car directly from the GMC Manager, and he has been there for decades.
Damn, I can't believe that I just posted something nice about a dealership. 🤭

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
if my guy was still the service manager at my dealership, I'd probably do the same...you DO get some points at your dealership when buying some things there should something that could go either way down the line occur...

thanks,

Bill

Reactions: willy92

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on the black grille, fog lamp bezel, and side vent trim for my '17 NGM.
Also found the Rotofab intake kit on mbenzgram.com for $385 shipped, which seemed liked a good deal.
Last but not least, an extra set of wheels to powder coat a glossy bronze (image

Heading to Mid-Ohio in June!

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Still waiting for my headers....they have been at JetHot since mid February with zero updates! How nice. Have midpipes just sitting while summer creeps closer.

1401 - 1420 of 1444 Posts