Chevy SS Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1444 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Finally got a chance to briefly test my new 285 PS4 rears, I couldn't believe the difference with how well they hooked up. I had been thinking I was getting a bit jaded about how hard my car acclerates but boy howdy, I was wide-eyed (and delightfully terrified) at how well they put the power down.
You're gonna love 'em. Now I gotta test them in some turns and see if there's any noticeable sidewall flex with this tire on my stock rims.
That's really good to hear. Since I put the lsa on traction had been challenging

·
Registered
208 Posts
Enjoy that!
I wanted to do a smoke show with my OEMs before the new Michelins went on, but didn't get to because of the dang February storm that hit Texas. :(
I flew into houston during that storm for work(from ny). What an adventure. I'm moving to orange tx in may. Hopefully storms like that don't re appear next winter. Want planning on bringing the snow blower.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I flew into houston during that storm for work(from ny). What an adventure. I'm moving to orange tx in may. Hopefully storms like that don't re appear next winter. Want planning on bringing the snow blower.
Winter storms like we had here last month reach us here on the Gulf Coast about once every ten years, at the most. Last one that was similar was 1989.
OTOH, you're arriving in Orange just in time for hurricane season, June 1 - Nov 30...September is the busiest month and then it calms down in October. Since you'll be in Orange, you should give serious consideration to priortizing your hurricane prep.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Winter storms like we had here last month reach us here on the Gulf Coast about once every ten years, at the most. Last one that was similar was 1989.
OTOH, you're arriving in Orange just in time for hurricane season, June 1 - Nov 30...September is the busiest month and then it calms down in October. Since you'll be in Orange, you should give serious consideration to priortizing your hurricane prep.
Thanks. I plan on getting a whole house generator plus all the normal supplies.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,558 Posts
I was thinking about getting those - can you lmk how they are, please?
Sure! I'm no longer able to twist wrenches, so I have to coordinate the task when I travel to Phoenix.

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Premium Member
2017 SS Auto
36 Posts
i did something similar with the 427 CID rebuild and the 2300 supercharger and the pipes - they claim 700 HP crank - agree the car now seems appropriately powered and much more fun to drive (mine is manual) - have had back for a year and no complaints so far - i would recommend lingenfelter based on my experience to date.
I wish I had a manual, but otherwise I'm really happy with the car. I had seen an earlier YouTube vid from Lingenfelter touting a 700hp SS and I wondered what the difference was from the 650hp package. I think you have the answer - the 427 rebuild. Nice!

·
Registered
667 Posts
any of you guys in the states after new parts for your Chevy ss check out rockauto they have heaps of gmh and acdelco parts for sale and are cheap ,i brough a box full of parts that were cheaper over there than in australia so look them up ,they have steering wheels .electrical switches ,ect ect .

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

I’d say I’m familiar

·
Super Moderator
7,080 Posts

·
Registered
2015 APM SS
17 Posts
View attachment 288003 View attachment 288004

Installed the ZL1 rock guards .. I like the low profile look so far.
Have you had any problems with the 3M tape sticking to the guards? I just put mine on and the tape seems to keep coming off of the guards but holds to the fender fine. I also used a heat gun to form them better to the curve so that may have something to do with it.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Have you had any problems with the 3M tape sticking to the guards? I just put mine on and the tape seems to keep coming off of the guards but holds to the fender fine. I also used a heat gun to form them better to the curve so that may have something to do with it.
Yes, they seem to stick to the fender a lot better than the plastic guards, even after pre bending them into shape like you did. So I ended up putting some wedges in between the tires / guards to hold them against the fender and put a bead of black RTV along the seam .. Let it cure over night and they are holding their shape much better now.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Yes, they seem to stick to the fender a lot better than the plastic guards, even after pre bending them into shape like you did. So I ended up putting some wedges in between the tires / guards to hold them against the fender and put a bead of black RTV along the seam .. Let it cure over night and they are holding their shape much better now.
Like you both, I experienced the same thing with the guards lifting off of the tape which was still stuck to my fender......no matter the temperature, pressure and dwell time. On my previous 14, my CTS-V and now my 15 SS I gave up on their tape sticking and ended up masking off the outer pebbled texture material at their old tape line. I then roughed-up/sanded that textured finish where the tape will sit and inward to give it more bite. Even with the texture it comes with, it has too much of a sheen for the tape to stick very well. Knocking down that sheen and flattening it out a bit made all the difference. I bought a new roll of 3m HD trim tape and after some wipe-down of the plastic sanded area with 90% isopropyl, I laid down the new tape (a little shorter on bottom so it doesn't try to 'bridge' down past the gap and onto the end of the rocker like their tape did - never looked right and you could spot it if you look closely) and let it cure overnight like you mentioned. When I've done this, they adhere and hold extremely well and never have had any pull whatsoever. If you have any let loose anymore, give this a shot....has worked a few times over for me.

Josh

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Or the endless supply of those collector car magnets plastered all over my tool cabinet, table saw, etc.
Yup, that’s what I was gonna take a pic of first but they’re everywhere lol

Reactions: good2go

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wish I had a manual, but otherwise I'm really happy with the car. I had seen an earlier YouTube vid from Lingenfelter touting a 700hp SS and I wondered what the difference was from the 650hp package. I think you have the answer - the 427 rebuild. Nice!
thanks - they told me the you tube car was for a chevy dealer and that it was the only one they had done like that (more of the 650 hp supercharger packages) - mine was the second (at the time) and i was a little nervous about it with them having such limited experience with that particular package - but has worked like a charm to date.

·
Registered
2015 APM SS
17 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll give sanding the area down and applying new tape first. And I also have a bunch of the magnets as well, covers up the dent on my fridge very nicely!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Ordered some Whiteline strut bushings finally. Hopefully I can finally lower the front of the car (just the front) soon and get this thing looking more level like most of the rest of the cars on here.

1381 - 1400 of 1444 Posts