Chevy SS Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1444 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Have never seen anything like that rear shade.

Looks like I will check into getting one.
yes i didn't know gm had them either found them when i have been looking for parts to put away ,but yes they are nice should help to keep the uv off the leather seat at the back , i brought it on ebay they are called smart shades a gm accessory they also have the side door windows to so check them out wilkin4

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
yes i didn't know gm had them either found them when i have been looking for parts to put away ,but yes they are nice should help to keep the uv off the leather seat at the back , i brought it on ebay they are called smart shades a gm accessory they also have the side door windows to so check them out wilkin4
Got it from OPG?

·
Super Moderator
7,080 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
hi guys got these today 2 covers for automatic car remote to help protect the buttons on the key remote ,they are made out of silicone with 5 button flip key designed for Chevrolet and vf Holden commodore they are available on ebay au for $9.00 each

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 SS Auto
36 Posts
Just got the car back from Lingenfelter. I got the 650HP SS package - Maggie Heartbeat, Lingenfelter Cam and Heads - along with ARH 1 7/8”x3” headers w/high flow cats and a VCM intake.

Of course 650HP is measured at crank. It dyno'd at 567rwhp and 490 torque. I have a ton of pictures. Lingenfelter posts progressive pictures to a Dropbox account as they go. It was pretty nice to be able to see how it was being built. I had to refrain from putting all of them in this post :).

All in all it was a great experience. They really have a good organization, and are great to work with.

As for the car, I have to echo what I've heard others say after getting a supercharger on their SS - it's like the car was built for it. The extra HP wipes out the feeling you're in a heavy car - it's a great drive.

heads.jpg headers.jpg hoodie.jpg dyno.jpg

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,558 Posts
Just got the car back from Lingenfelter. I got the 650HP SS package - Maggie Heartbeat, Lingenfelter Cam and Heads - along with ARH 1 7/8”x3” headers w/high flow cats and a VCM intake.

Of course 650HP is measured at crank. It dyno'd at 567rwhp and 490 torque. I have a ton of pictures. Lingenfelter posts progressive pictures to a Dropbox account as they go. It was pretty nice to be able to see how it was being built. I had to refrain from putting all of them in this post :).

All in all it was a great experience. They really have a good organization, and are great to work with.

As for the car, I have to echo what I've heard others say after getting a supercharger on their SS - it's like the car was built for it. The extra HP wipes out the feeling you're in a heavy car - it's a great drive.

View attachment 287911 View attachment 287912 View attachment 287913 View attachment 287914
Congrats! I've been considering a very similar package from Lingenfelter, albeit with the Whipple or, if I get real $ gutsy, their LS9. There are very few reputable builders that do the complete package to include installation, tuning, and a warranty.

Reactions: rocinante and dDUBb

·
Premium Member
2017 SS Auto
36 Posts
Congrats! I've been considering a very similar package from Lingenfelter, albeit with the Whipple or, if I get real $ gutsy, their LS9. There are very few reputable builders that do the complete package to include installation, tuning, and a warranty.
Yes, with all the work they've done engineering crate engines, their racing team work, decades of experience, etc., you can pretty much get whatever you need done at one go with them. Then they finish up with a great final tune that brings it all together, and that 3yr/36k warranty.

At least these are all the things I was thinking when I decided it was worth the price premium over some of the local guys. :) Seriously, you can tell by talking to them they have expertise in pretty much anything you want. Hope you get a chance to go for the LS9.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Valley cover without the port - pcv is coming from the oil cap

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Block off plates where the dead sensors go on the lid and snout

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,558 Posts
Nothing too exciting but still.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Installed some new Michelin PS4s today, went up one size in width to 255/40/19 front and 285/35/19 rear. Really didn't have a chance to test them, but it does feel like they hook up much better than the previous rears which were almost down to 4/32" (call it 9/64").

Bought them from @Discount Tire. They are a forum sponsor and stand head and shoulders above the most actively posting spam...er umm, sponsor with regards to fair pricing and customer care. I highly recommend them. From my experience if you've ever an issue with a store or their website, reach out to them here through a PM.

ETA: If you participated in the 2020 Holilday Carma and are looking to buy some tires, PM me, I've got something for you that will help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not really a purchase but the dealership called Monday and so gave me a set of aftermarket rims with Blizzak tires. From the previous owner of #2. Fronts are almost new the rears are about half gone. Have no idea who makes Bremmer wheels? I'll get a picture up when I have time.

·
Super Moderator
7,080 Posts
Not really a purchase but the dealership called Monday and so gave me a set of aftermarket rims with Blizzak tires. From the previous owner of #2. Fronts are almost new the rears are about half gone. Have no idea who makes Bremmer wheels? I'll get a picture up when I have time.
Saemie Corp out of Anaheim, DBA Zinik Wheels. Saemie Corp

·
Registered
21 Posts

View attachment 287911 View attachment 287912 View attachment 287913 View attachment 287914
i did something similar with the 427 CID rebuild and the 2300 supercharger and the pipes - they claim 700 HP crank - agree the car now seems appropriately powered and much more fun to drive (mine is manual) - have had back for a year and no complaints so far - i would recommend lingenfelter based on my experience to date.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I didn't purchase but my wife bought me this Biante 1:18 model and a LED lighted display case for my bday. Looks awesome, very detailed
Same color as my SIM Sheila.<Mod deleted broken link>
What do you think should I have all the Red accents painted or Vinyl wrapped on my full size '17?
SS Open Doors.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts
A set of 285 ps4's for the rear. Now to burn off the old ones...
Enjoy that!
I wanted to do a smoke show with my OEMs before the new Michelins went on, but didn't get to because of the dang February storm that hit Texas. :(

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
A set of 285 ps4's for the rear. Now to burn off the old ones...
Finally got a chance to briefly test my new 285 PS4 rears, I couldn't believe the difference with how well they hooked up. I had been thinking I was getting a bit jaded about how hard my car acclerates but boy howdy, I was wide-eyed (and delightfully terrified) at how well they put the power down.
You're gonna love 'em. Now I gotta test them in some turns and see if there's any noticeable sidewall flex with this tire on my stock rims.

1361 - 1380 of 1444 Posts