Chevy SS Forum banner

1341 - 1358 of 1358 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Bought the Whiteline end links to address my front end rattle and hopefully last longer than OEM. Then I read an old GTO thread about how they keep loosening up after install. Now I'm worried I made a bad choice. Anyone else have them?
Just put some lock nuts on it if it does not come with it.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I had read that locktite on everything sometimes works. This was an old thread on a different model of car so maybe they'll be fine. They certainly seem heavy duty.

Also gave me an excuse to finally buy a DeWalt impact so there's that.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I had read that locktite on everything sometimes works. This was an old thread on a different model of car so maybe they'll be fine. They certainly seem heavy duty.

Also gave me an excuse to finally buy a DeWalt impact so there's that.
I have never used locktite on suspension parts. Tbh I rarely use locktite. I’ve used nylon and steel lock nuts. If it’s near heat then use the steel lock nut.

·
Super Moderator
14,127 Posts
Dropped by my local @Discount Tire and ordered a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus. Should be at the store on the 16th. Will be nice to have winter capable tires on the old girl.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Change those nuts to nylon lock nuts. I don’t care if they are surated flanged nuts. They can come loose.
Could even drill out a hole in the stud and then use a cotter pin and castle nut.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,363 Posts
Back when I built my 1st race car, we safety wired everything!
That was quite a job!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
OEM Ferodo HP1000/1 Pads and replacement hardware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1341 - 1358 of 1358 Posts