Chevy SS Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1310 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finished the black vinyl trim swap last month, so this month got the WAMS Holden Nav and Cluster upgrade. Super-quick turnaround on the upgrade from White Automotive, and the red background looks so much better with the interior.

It may be hard to see, but also added the Holden HSV GTSR Automatic Suede Shift knob from HoldenUSA. I think that wIth the suede and red stitching on the sides, and piano black knob, the HSV shifter more closely matches the rest of the interior..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,454 Posts
Okay, COVID Cabin Fever finally got to me. This design is something I worked on with 'TwistedWrenchGrills.' Pete did a fantastic job on this design. I picked out the grid, orientation, and I opted to retain the SS logo. He showed me the top section with and without the grid, and I liked the openness above the SS logo. It's affectionately called the flow-through design, including the Chevy logo. I'm quite happy with it. Here in the desert southwest, I wanted as much airflow as possible, short of trashing the esthetics.

So, I guess my mojo has made a return. The photo doesn't do it justice because it looks soOoo much nicer in the raw. The logo is painted chrome, and the black is the matching metallic. I will cover the logo with invisible bra material to help prevent dings in the paint.

You can catch Pete on Instagram 'TwistedWrenchGrills' and see many more of his styles. I can attest to his professional standards, and the packaging was excellent.
IMG_2519-2.jpg

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Okay, COVID Cabin Fever finally got to me. This design is something I worked on with 'TwistedWrenchGrills.' Pete did a fantastic job on this design. I picked out the grid, orientation, and I opted to retain the SS logo. He showed me the top section with and without the grid, and I liked the openness above the SS logo. It's affectionately called the flow-through design, including the Chevy logo. I'm quite happy with it. Here in the desert southwest, I wanted as much airflow as possible, short of trashing the esthetics.

So, I guess my mojo has made a return. The photo doesn't do it justice because it looks soOoo much nicer in the raw. The logo is painted chrome, and the black is the matching metallic. I will cover the logo with invisible bra material to help prevent dings in the paint.

You can catch Pete on Instagram 'TwistedWrenchGrills' and see many more of his styles. I can attest to his professional standards, and the packaging was excellent.
View attachment 284045 View attachment 284055
Those are niiiice

Reactions: speedrye

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Green belt for the blower.

Reactions: DarthMalaguti

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Dude- you gotta post some pics of this on the car when you get it mounted!
Hell yes! I second that emotion!

Oh, I ordered a new beauty cover. AN fitting moved the hose location a little and now the cutouts look weird without the hoses peeking thru them lol

Reactions: DarthMalaguti

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Tire totes for the track

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Those look amazing. Do you send him your grills or does he fab from existing stock? And could you PM me your price if you don’t mind? I don’t have Facebook to contact him (although I’ll make an account because I think I need these).
You purchase the grills and send yours back on good faith as cores. Spoke to him a while about about them. Also no core charge because it’s like a honor deal.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,454 Posts
Those look amazing. Do you send him your grills or does he fab from existing stock? And could you PM me your price if you don’t mind? I don’t have Facebook to contact him (although I’ll make an account because I think I need these).
I don't do Facebook either; I found him on Instagram. I can't physically install them myself due to medical, so I'm hopeful this specialty shop will perform the swap. The price can range depending on how elaborate you go. Some may go with the upper and lower, go full screen (maybe less work) while I opted for all four pieces. By adding the chrome paint, I'm sure that bumped it up together with the special cut-outs, retain the SS, etc.

I'm not sure if he would want me to post a price due to the variations. Notwithstanding, it's not for the faint of heart. I would recommend you check out Pete's Instagram page. I'll post an update once installed.

The way it works, he builds it up, and then you pay. The price includes one-way shipping, so that too may affect the price based on the distance. I never asked for a breakdown, because much of what you do with Pete is based on the honor system. Once you receive the parts, you do the swap and return your cores.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't do Facebook either; I found him on Instagram. I can't physically install them myself due to medical, so I'm hopeful this specialty shop will perform the swap. The price can range depending on how elaborate you go. Some may go with the upper and lower, go full screen (maybe less work) while I opted for all four pieces. By adding the chrome paint, I'm sure that bumped it up together with the special cut-outs, retain the SS, etc.

I'm not sure if he would want me to post a price due to the variations. Notwithstanding, it's not for the faint of heart. I would recommend you check out Pete's Instagram page. I'll post an update once installed.

The way it works, he builds it up, and then you pay. The price includes one-way shipping, so that too may affect the price based on the distance. I never asked for a breakdown, because much of what you do with Pete is based on the honor system. Once you receive the parts, you do the swap and return your cores.
Thanks for the info. I’ll figure out a way to contact him as I’d love to get a more open lower grill.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts

Pics of said totes. I like them...nice little detail:

Each one has a card, you can fill in the corresponding tire. I think that’s cool lol. Saves time - that’s for sure

·
Super Moderator
6,083 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,083 Posts
Not gonna lie, I had to look that one up. I’m not as old as you geezers.
That's why I threw it out there, I'm guessing you weren't the only one on Google when they read it. ;)

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Not gonna lie, I had to look that one up. I’m not as old as you geezers.

Every time I see or here Whipple, Don’t squeeze the Charmin pops in my head lol

Reactions: MikeMc and wilkin4
1281 - 1300 of 1310 Posts