Chevy SS Forum banner

1261 - 1278 of 1278 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Just had the roof painted Phantom Black and the original roof molding looks a bit faded. Bought new right side roof molding (92266373) and left side roof molding (92266372).

I was expecting to reuse the roof molding covers (92207446) and roof molding retainers (92207445) from the original roof moldings but to my surprise, new covers and retainers were included.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,834 Posts
I am thinking about doing that.

Reactions: DarthMalaguti

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I am thinking about doing that.
Went the black 3M vinyl roof wrap for a few years and liked the look. It was time to either get new black vinyl or the roof painted Phantom Black. Extremely happy I decided to go the painted route. Painter did excellent work. Hard to tell where the glass sunroof ends and the roof begins. Will post additional photos in another thread in the coming days.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Went the black 3M vinyl roof wrap for a few years and liked the look. It was time to either get new black vinyl or the roof painted Phantom Black. Extremely happy I decided to go the painted route. Painter did excellent work. Hard to tell where the glass sunroof ends and the roof begins. Will post additional photos in another thread in the coming days.
View attachment 283390
I love it. Going to do it as well at some point. Definitely paint it.

·
Registered
2015 APM SS
15 Posts
Installed new brakes, Centric rotors with G8 GXP OEM pad without the weights and new pins/springs. Old pads were good and as a matter of fact I kept them but rotors were at minimum thickness.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Installed new brakes, Centric rotors with G8 GXP OEM pad without the weights and new pins/springs. Old pads were good and as a matter of fact I kept them but rotors were at minimum thickness.
Good to know about the GXP pads. I need those to clear my Welds next go around

·
Registered
626 Posts
my new purchase will be a 2300 supercharger kit w497 by walkinshaw have had it booked in for nearly 6 weeks now they are so busy 2 more weeks to wait just hope we dont go into stage 4 full lockdown as we are now in a 6 week lockdown with 2 more weeks to go ,but good things come to those who wait yippy ...................................

·
Registered
116 Posts
New battery for the car. I'm assuming the original owner never changed it and it's six years old now. I've been having hot start issues due to the long tube headers. I'm hoping the new battery and a couple more engine grounds fixes it.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Sports armor to coverup some scuffing. Want to hang on to factory paint until
i feel car looks neglected.

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Registered
397 Posts
1/4 Inch Torque Wrench so I can finish my header install (torque the valve cover down appropriately)

Overall not too bad technically. Passenger Side O2 sucked -- plugging in the extension sucked a little bit less. But that's it for the hard stuff. Cars been in pieces for 2 weeks since my install was interrupted by a vacation. I just need to borrow a pipe expander to adjust some of the slip connections on the exhaust bits and she will be ready to be started tomorrow.

·
Registered
116 Posts
1/4 Inch Torque Wrench so I can finish my header install (torque the valve cover down appropriately)

Overall not too bad technically. Passenger Side O2 sucked -- plugging in the extension sucked a little bit less. But that's it for the hard stuff. Cars been in pieces for 2 weeks since my install was interrupted by a vacation. I just need to borrow a pipe expander to adjust some of the slip connections on the exhaust bits and she will be ready to be started tomorrow.
I really hate slip fit exhausts. I want to vband my arh exhaust connections.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts

Ah yes, 106 in/lb- same reason I bought my 1/4” lol

Reactions: jcoulter36

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
That's the culprit. Didn't want to invite oil leaks...so I did it to spec.
Ditto - been down that ugly road with my first LS...and many others come to think of it

·
Registered
626 Posts
my new purchase will be a 2300 supercharger kit w497 by walkinshaw have had it booked in for nearly 6 weeks now they are so busy 2 more weeks to wait just hope we dont go into stage 4 full lockdown as we are now in a 6 week lockdown with 2 more weeks to go ,but good things come to those who wait yippy ...................................
well just had a up date from my install for the super charger looks like it will be another 2 weeks or more due to getting it from the states they are made by edelbrock so must be a hold up with shipping due to the covid-19 that a pain in the ass .

1261 - 1278 of 1278 Posts