Chevy SS Forum banner

1241 - 1252 of 1252 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Did my Spyder LED tails with LED reverse lights added today... need to finish stitching my custom leather owners manual wallet next week!

Then I have Mav Man duck tail and roof spoiler being painted PBM right now that I should have next week too... also have VCM side panels on order, Holden mudflaps in order, and red HSV center caps waiting to go on when I remove the wheels for the mudflaps. Finally I’m looking at some Holley coil covers and a plenum cover I’ll paint to match!

·
Registered
374 Posts
OK I found an awesome deal on the Holley coil covers so I ordered them along with a plenum cover! Both should be here this week. Then I’ll just have to trim the coil covers and swap out the bolts on the OEM valve covers for them to snap into place! I hate the stock engine cover but don’t really like the look of our stock LS3 engine so I wanted something to cover it but still show it and look good... this should be a great option! I’ll post up pics when I have it all painted and installed!

Reactions: gbro18

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holden lion badges on front/rear, center caps, SSV badge for the rear, and RotoFab intake (not installed yet)
Installed! Anyone have trouble with the brown plastic liner under the Roto Fab's clear lid? Mine appears glued on and doesn't want to come off.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
OK I found an awesome deal on the Holley coil covers so I ordered them along with a plenum cover! Both should be here this week. Then I’ll just have to trim the coil covers and swap out the bolts on the OEM valve covers for them to snap into place! I hate the stock engine cover but don’t really like the look of our stock LS3 engine so I wanted something to cover it but still show it and look good... this should be a great option! I’ll post up pics when I have it all painted and installed!
Where? I want to replace the valve covers too to just have the coils mounted.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ordered sports armor from Holden Parts USA. Delivery was faster than I expected. Hit it with a few coats of plastidip and got it installed today. Really realized I need to redo my black tape over the chrome as it's starting to get pretty ratty.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bought Jun 13th and arrived today from OPG AUS. Sports Armour bumper and Holden air bag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Finally completed my ARH system (1 7/8, catted x, and now axle back). Here's my initial impressions of the ARH axle back vs the stock '15 cans:
I really love the way it looks. It took me a minute to get in it when I went to leave.
That idle is thunderous and glorious! It’s like 550 bald eagles shooting bourbon and banging tympanies. It’s a visceral change to the feel of driving the car.
Freeway notes:
It’s definitely noticeably louder inside the car at or below 2000 rpms. More so under load. It’s not objectionable at all, but for once you hear more than the tires.
Cruising above 2000 rpms I’d say it’s as quiet or more quiet than stock. That’s nice. Still gets good and loud under load.
Surface street notes:
I’ve never hoped to be stopped at every red light before. That idle is sexy….
Don’t notice much difference in volume on the streets.

1241 - 1252 of 1252 Posts