Chevy SS Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1278 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Anyone still have stuff sitting in the San Francisco usps customs building?

My stuff has been there over a week now. It’s been over a month now waiting for one package to be delivered.
I had a package sit for three days in NY ISC and then it moved on to me. Most recently I had a package in LA ISC and it has moved on after only just two days there...

·
Registered
393 Posts
I’ve got red HSV center caps coming for my HSV RepliCast wheels, MavMan duck tail and rear window roof spoiler on the way, and I bought a bunch of high quality leather with leather working tools and red stitching that I’m gonna custom make an owners manual wallet!!! Lots of exciting stuff happening soon for my ride...

Just gotta get the MavMan spoilers painted PBM when I get them and I’m gonna paint my engine and fuse box covers too!

Oh and I took advantage of the 20% interior accessories and free shipping and ordered the Holden trunk mat too... but it’s back ordered so it’ll probably be a while lol

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Does crank balancing count? That’s happening today

Reactions: 71Cuda and wilkin4

·
Registered
116 Posts
Got this power module from a Facebook ss group for sale post. It plugs into an unused DAC port underneath the glovebox by the HVAC and can power four items. When I install the lsa later this year I'll redo some wiring and put this to use.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Got this power module from a Facebook ss group for sale post. It plugs into an unused DAC port underneath the glovebox by the HVAC and can power four items. When I install the lsa later this year I'll redo some wiring and put this to use.
View attachment 282489
I saw that post a couple weeks ago. Let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
View attachment 282489
Be much easier to power up the IC Pump

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Funny, all these years I thought this was some aftermarket lid - when I got it and saw it up close, I said oh they just milled the fins lol

Can’t wait to get this sucker on the car!

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Funny, all these years I thought this was some aftermarket lid - when I got it and saw it up close, I said oh they just milled the fins lol

Can’t wait to get this sucker on the car!
Milled Zl1 looks like! Nice stuff

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,417 Posts
Holden Sunguard

After owning two black cars in Arizona, I had to change to something to help mitigate the heat. Notwithstanding, I love the looks of your SS with the spoiler, and it looks great! I've been on the fence with this item, but your post with PIC's has inspired me. I'll likely color-match it for my Heron White SS. Thanks for posting (y)

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Rod and main bearings. Thought they were with the rotating assembly. Whoops.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
I got these from down under, great deal and shipping included. My current set needs some
oxidation removed on top and a good polish. Plan on keeping my SS for the long run so I'm
preparing for that; and some of the more common bits are only going to get harder to find.
Both L&R sides. Also a little different flavor of LED for the rear.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I want to learn how to assemble an engine. I've done a few cams and such but never a full build.
I did it a looong time ago in school, so I have a basic knowledge, but I’m under the tutelage of my good friend who built race engines for a living. He’s the one I built my trans with, put up the lift with, gonna do the custom turbo kit for his Tahoe with. Man we turn a lot of wrenches lol

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I did it a looong time ago in school, so I have a basic knowledge, but I’m under the tutelage of my good friend who built race engines for a living. He’s the one I built my trans with, put up the lift with, gonna do the custom turbo kit for his Tahoe with. Man we turn a lot of wrenches lol
While not directly related to a technical manual,,, there are many philosophical parables to be gleaned from this book, as it relates to the art of turning ones own wrenches, as a vehicle for introspection and self improvement!! The motorcycle/(Car!) being that progenitor!!!

It sort of explains that "Zone" that I get into, when abandoning all other measure of distraction, to focus exclusively on the art of problem solving,, the issues on the inanimate machines that foster so much of our passionate love for all things motive!! I mean,, how many of us here (I don't quite go this far!!) have anthropomorphized, bestowed names and personalities on our cars??? It brings them to life as members of the family,, the best of which get passed down from generation to generation!!! We love them even when they make us bleed, sweat and we cuss them out for being like a cantankerous old relative, that refuses to cooperate with the repair process!!!

I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Sorry for the thread drift,,, now back to regularly scheduled programming!!

😎

1221 - 1240 of 1278 Posts