Chevy SS Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I do
How do you like the sslhd springs in the rear with the stock magride? I wasn't sure if I should get the regular ssl or the sslhd. My concern is that the HD would be too harsh. But I think the HD would support any extra weight like having three people in the back or a full trunk which I may run into a few times.

Looks really good by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t mind them at all but I never tried the non-HD to compare. I have the spare in the back so was told the HD is better in case you load it down as well. Plus the wider wheels and rolled fenders give it just that much more cushion over big bumps. 👍🏼

·
Registered
56 Posts
I do

I don’t mind them at all but I never tried the non-HD to compare. I have the spare in the back so was told the HD is better in case you load it down as well. Plus the wider wheels and rolled fenders give it just that much more cushion over big bumps.
Thanks this really helps. I have a spare as well and will now be looking at purchasing sslhd's.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Tyvek suit, masking tape, Ziploc bags and Tupperware

Time to get the party started

·
Super Moderator
5,565 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Homelink compatibility bridge

·
Super Moderator
5,565 Posts
Mickey Thompson ET Street R in 275/40 17, plus rims. Hope to get down the track a tad faster with no spin.
I sure hope this means that your "Having Bad Thoughts" thread is no longer relevant. 👍

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just got my gauge cluster and silver box back from Chris at WAMS. It looks awesome and the new menus with engine parameters and performance items are great. The red is also easier on the eyes. I highly recommend this if you’re doing the Holden Conversion.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Header wrap

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just got my gauge cluster and silver box back from Chris at WAMS. It looks awesome and the new menus with engine parameters and performance items are great. The red is also easier on the eyes. I highly recommend this if you’re doing the Holden Conversion. View attachment 278989
Nice! Is that carbon fiber a wrap or real carbon fiber?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Nice! Is that carbon fiber a wrap or real carbon fiber?

It’s 3M carbon fiber vinyl. It turned out very good and looks pretty authentic in person.
(Sorry for the sideways pic)

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
BTR PD III stroker cam & NW 102

Researching heads now. Looking more and more like Mast

·
Registered
633 Posts
BTR PD III stroker cam & NW 102

Researching heads now. Looking more and more like Mast
Nice. What do you think about the Brodix BR3? I've been thinking about heads too. Just not sure if the gains are worth it for the money spent.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Nice. What do you think about the Brodix BR3? I've been thinking about heads too. Just not sure if the gains are worth it for the money spent.
I hadn’t seen any Brodix street heads. I’m leaning more towards porting the stock heads for the same reason. 3-4K for a decent set of heads seems like a lot when I’m not NA or trying to eek out every .001 of ET.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Eaton TrueTrac. Axles next

1081 - 1100 of 1100 Posts