Chevy SS Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Picked up fr/rr whiteline sway bar end links. The front on my 14 is starting to knock. Also got the updated GM dipstick. The factory twisted pretzel is too annoying.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some of the vendors are still showing them as available, like SummitRacing, Jegs, etc. Rather odd for sure.
I actually checked the Kooks website again and if you search by vehicle it does not show up. If you search by the part number then you will find it. I actually took advantage of the CSP sale that was posted here in the forums also.

Got the Kooks 1 7/8 headers and off road y-pipe with free Jet Hot coatings for a good price. I figured it was time to make sure I don't have to scramble later on to find them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I actually checked the Kooks website again and if you search by vehicle it does not shop up. If you search by the part number then you will find it. I actually took advantage of the CSP sale that was posted here in the forums also.

Got the Kooks 1 7/8 headers and off road y-pipe with free Jet Hot coatings for a good price. I figured it was time to make sure I don't have toe scramble later on.
What's toe scramble? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Latest installed purchase was a rotofab, also installed a nitrous outlet plate I had lying around.

Also purchased an Improved Racing slim oil cooler adapter and also a flex fuel kit I’ll be putting on next weekend along with a set of kooks 1-7/8” catted headers

·
Registered
43 Posts
Latest installed purchase was a rotofab, also installed a nitrous outlet plate I had lying around.

Also purchased an Improved Racing slim oil cooler adapter and also a flex fuel kit I’ll be putting on next weekend along with a set of kooks 1-7/8” catted headers
What flex fuel kit did you go with? I have been thinking about the DSX kit.

·
Registered
948 Posts
New AFF02 in black chrome.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I just checked and your right I don't see the headers on their site right now. Just the mid pipes.....I guess my hand will be forced to buy my set soon. At least that's what i'm going to tell my wife.

First thing that popped up when I plugged my car in on their site were headers.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Not really a new purchase but I finally got around to installing my CHE trunion upgrade. Now im ready for a new cam.
I actually enjoyed doing that job - got into a rhythm. All I needed was two sockets, a vise, snap ring pliers & some tunes

Reactions: wilkin4 and Fatbody

·
Registered
43 Posts
I actually enjoyed doing that job - got into a rhythm. All I needed was two sockets, a vise, snap ring pliers & some tunes
Yea it was a breeze. I have a harbor freight arbor press, so I had basically an assembly line going.

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not really a new purchase but I finally got around to installing my CHE trunion upgrade. Now im ready for a new cam.
Why did you go with CHE's kit? I have been looking at the BTR kit mainly because of the price and BTR is well known for quality. Do you have any recommendations since there are a few trunion kits to choose from...BTR, Comp, CHE

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why did you go with CHE's kit? I have been looking at the BTR kit mainly because of the price and BTR is well known for quality. Do you have any recommendations since there are a few trunion kits to choose from...BTR, Comp, CHE
I like the oil grooves that are cut into the trunion and also the non pressed bronze bushings. They just slid right in. BTR, TSP and all the other brands of trunion upgrades are great. I just didn't mind spending a little more for the honestly negligible difference. The CHE kit is really nice for the money though.

Reactions: NotaSSleeper

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank you. Falken Azenis FK510 tires. 255/35 up front and 295/30 out back. Lowered on King SSL/SSLHD springs.
Additional info in the wheel/tire forum: https://www.ssforums.com/threads/new-wheels-ace-alloy-aff02-on-lowered-pbm.192912/#post-3581035
How do you like the sslhd springs in the rear with the stock magride? I wasn't sure if I should get the regular ssl or the sslhd. My concern is that the HD would be too harsh. But I think the HD would support any extra weight like having three people in the back or a full trunk which I may run into a few times.

Looks really good by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1061 - 1080 of 1299 Posts