Chevy SS Forum banner

Post Your Latest Purchase (SS Related)

299K views 2K replies 375 participants last post by  BlackPhantom 
#1 ·
Figured we could try this instead of starting from a whole new thread everything we buy X or Y part for our cars. Did a search, couldn't find a thread like this so hopefully I won't be corrected :grin. Small things or big mods, just a place for us to brag about our latest new part for our SS's.

I'll start. Yesterday I was bumming around MarylandSpeeds website entertaining the idea of LT headers...basically pricing them out. Then I got a pop up from a sales rep I have worked with before in buying parts shipped to Hawaii. I originally thought it was just a chat pop up you get on all sites nowadays but this time it was actually a live person (like 3 pm Hawaii time so definitely afterhours east coast time). Needless to say, price point was too good so I have a set of Kooks Catted LTs on the way once they ship out.

Looks like I'm going to need to let Livernois know I need to update my tune. :devil

See less See more
#2 ·
I've seen similar threads on other forums. Good idea.

My first purchase so far has been all external Holden badges, and it's starting to attract a lot of attention. Not sure if I'll get used to it, hope I don't have to go back to the bowtie :)

#9 ·
Reactions: Wathavidun
#10 ·
Most recent purchases are as followed

1. Complete exterior chrome delete
2. Blacked out roof and spoiler
3. After market wheels at the paint shop getting some trimmings of the wheels colored match to the car
4. Coilovers from maverick man
5. Fenders rolled

Last missing pieces are the tires ...which I will purchase mid August ..... And I will probably have like two or three months of decent weather before snow comes to Colorado ....

#18 ·
Holden Sunguard

#1,231 ·
Holden Sunguard

After owning two black cars in Arizona, I had to change to something to help mitigate the heat. Notwithstanding, I love the looks of your SS with the spoiler, and it looks great! I've been on the fence with this item, but your post with PIC's has inspired me. I'll likely color-match it for my Heron White SS. Thanks for posting (y)

#23 ·
:grin

#25 ·
Let's get this thread going again. Hopefully it will one day be a sticky so we don't post a bunch of threads every time we buy something for our cars. :smiley_flag:

Kept going back to the MGW Shifter thread a couple times a week, then a buddy in his ZL1 got one for his car. Couldn't take it anymore and finally got mine in. Went with the blue handle and white shift knob. Between those two color options and my SLIHRM exterior, I have America represented well.

One last note, MGW is definitely a stand-up American company. Small touches of human interaction and car are evident. Case-in-point, hand written orders on the box. :eek:ccasion14:

#27 ·
Waiting for these to come in, realized I got these after drinking a little and going on EBAY. Overall, cheaper than the Rotofab covers for sure but I need to stop online shopping late at night after 4 first fingers of Blanton.

One of these because I had a $50 coupon code with MarylandSpeed.

Reactions: RedhotFLSS
#34 ·
Waiting for these to come in, realized I got these after drinking a little and going on EBAY. Overall, cheaper than the Rotofab covers for sure but I need to stop online shopping late at night after 4 first fingers of Blanton.

This should be an easy fix. Next time you've in a similar situation, grab a red sharpie and at the top, write "Also found in" :grin

#31 ·
"Crazy Joe" cam from PCM of NC ordered yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Blackout side vents from Karo at Holden Parts USA. Complements some of the blackout I've done. Kept some chrome because I like the balance. BTW they look great and were a 5 minute install.

Reactions: SleeperKills
#35 ·
Just received a new oil cap today. I didn't feel too confident that the oil change tech would remember that I asked for synthetic after seeing the DEXOS on the stock cap. Probably doesn't matter, but it's a little peace of mind for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQNXRNG/

#37 ·
6.2 LITRE Power Hood Decal