Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1072 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured we could try this instead of starting from a whole new thread everything we buy X or Y part for our cars. Did a search, couldn't find a thread like this so hopefully I won't be corrected :grin. Small things or big mods, just a place for us to brag about our latest new part for our SS's.

I'll start. Yesterday I was bumming around MarylandSpeeds website entertaining the idea of LT headers...basically pricing them out. Then I got a pop up from a sales rep I have worked with before in buying parts shipped to Hawaii. I originally thought it was just a chat pop up you get on all sites nowadays but this time it was actually a live person (like 3 pm Hawaii time so definitely afterhours east coast time). Needless to say, price point was too good so I have a set of Kooks Catted LTs on the way once they ship out.

Looks like I'm going to need to let Livernois know I need to update my tune. :devil

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've seen similar threads on other forums. Good idea.

My first purchase so far has been all external Holden badges, and it's starting to attract a lot of attention. Not sure if I'll get used to it, hope I don't have to go back to the bowtie :)

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Most recent purchases are as followed

1. Complete exterior chrome delete
2. Blacked out roof and spoiler
3. After market wheels at the paint shop getting some trimmings of the wheels colored match to the car
4. Coilovers from maverick man
5. Fenders rolled

Last missing pieces are the tires ...which I will purchase mid August ..... And I will probably have like two or three months of decent weather before snow comes to Colorado ....

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Mobile attractions dual gauge pod & RCR intake and TB. Waiting for the return

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do I win something for the most boring most recent purchase?
After driving from Myron's back to Seattle, I just bought that Conformax gel seat pad that somebody was raving about in another thread...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks nice! I bet that has better support. No ventilation I am guessing though.
Thanks. No heat or ventilation. But no more sliding around through the corners, which is much more important to me. The car can pull 1+G. The stock seats just don't have enough lateral support.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Holden Sunguard

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thanks. No heat or ventilation. But no more sliding around through the corners, which is much more important to me. The car can pull 1+G. The stock seats just don't have enough lateral support.
I agree. The stock seats do not hold you in very well. Where did you get the Z seats? Did they bolt right in?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree. The stock seats do not hold you in very well. Where did you get the Z seats? Did they bolt right in?
I literally got the last one in the country from a dealership in Florida. They used to be available from the GMPP catalog, but have been discontinued.

The seat tracks bolt right up, and all the sensors connect no problem, but you need the wire harness from the SS seat. Unfortunately the power version of the Camaro seat won't work because the SS driver seat has the memory function and the Camaro does not.

All I had to fabricate was a custom bracket to bolt the SS seat belt tensioner to the seat track on the Z/28 seat.

I plan to detail the process in a blog post.

1 - 20 of 1072 Posts