·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
740 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what is creepier, him adding to the million swirl marks the car probably already has or you taking his picture.
You should see the video of him vacuuming...:wink

Actually, I lifted the photo from a local Self Serv carwash website.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
He could be foolish, careless, or senseless.... or maybe he's just so laid back that he doesn't care. I wish I could be more like that sometimes (but not at the expense of my swirl-free black paint :laugh:)

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
My FIL uses one of those brushes on his cars. You should see the swirls in his black CLS550.
I won't even use those on my 11 year old Duramax, that's just plain lunacy!

Reactions: wilkin4 and jonkr15

·
Registered
247 Posts
Function over form for me. I always thought that the Porsche in Californication was cool

·
Registered
2017 Black, Auto, All Stock, Sunroof & Spare
4,131 Posts
That's like fingernails on a chalk board to me. Friggin idiot! When we had a cold spell for weeks on end and not a drop of rain, I used the quarter car wash to blow the grime off my car and used the soapy brush on my rims....and I had to force myself to do that! Good grief....

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't even let these people raise my blood pressure anymore, it's their car, let them ruin it. The other day I walked past a guy wiping salt splatter off the entire side of his "clean" new black VW sedan with a dry shower towel in a parking lot. I just smiled at him and kept walking. To him, I admired him for taking such good care of his car, my SS was pretty filthy.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Picture is painful to many of us, but that car may be pocket change to someone who is leasing the car for a year or two and doesn't give AF. Most of us here plan on long term ownership.

Rolls Royce coupe has been parking in our apt building garage last few days. Owner just wedges it into whatever parking space is available. Owner is either slumming, or tightening their belt to afford car payments and new construction payments on their flooded home. (My complex is a 1st world displaced persons camp for folks who lost their homes in the nearby very nice neighborhood. That's going to rapidly change over the next year. Newer tenants aren't from my 'hood, but they do have very expensive car stereos they like to show off.)

Reactions: wilkin4
1 - 12 of 12 Posts