Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two abbreviated outings last year, I finally got a full day in at Pocono, HPDE 1. This was my 5th and last session of the day. Thought I was having my best run until I went off just after the video ends. My instructor was great. He really liked the SS, was pleasantly surprised how balanced it was.

Early in the video he says "Porsche time", because this beautiful Porsche Cayman was very slow. You'll hear some of my instructors commentary during the run.

I think I did the SS proud. In an earlier session, I hung with a different Vette but didn't get a point by. My instructor, to emphasis how well I was doing, pointed out that the instructor in the Vette was going to promote that driver to HPDE2. He mentioned that the Vette might have had more HP, it's lighter with fatter tires. He said all of this as we were exiting at the end of the sessions. He then said, "you should park by the Vette, in fact, park right behind him and get out of your car and ask, "Can I get a point by now?" lol

Great day overall.

Here's the video link

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank, who was running this HPDE? Just curious.
It was through NASA-Northeast.

I know the owners of NASANE, great people. If you're interested in one of their events, let me know, I think I can get some referral discounts for both the new participants and myself. :)

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
It was through NASA-Northeast.

I know the owners of NASANE, great people. If you're interested in one of their events, let me know, I think I can get some referral discounts for both the new participants and myself. :)
I know Joe as well and I agree they are great people. My son and I have done a couple of events with them in the past (LRP, NJMP, Pocono). My SS hasn't been on track yet!

My neighbor has been a long time instructor with NASANE. His current ride is a Corvette Z06.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Joe as well and I agree they are great people. My son and I have done a couple of events with them in the past (LRP, NJMP, Pocono). My SS hasn't been on track yet!

My neighbor has been a long time instructor with NASANE. His current ride is a Corvette Z06.

I'm really hoping to get down to NJMP next year and finally get in a full day.

Btw, the SS gets a lot of attention. The guys at inspection, a few other drivers. A couple of kids, maybe 8-10 yo there with their fathers. I was really impressed when the one kid knew the Holden badges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts